Q for Oregon and Colorado owners

ZeMartelo

Hi,

These units offer a Geocache profile.

I personally dont use it because I dont like how it works to access the cache info.

Anyway, I was wondering if the accuracy of the unit is different when using geocache profile compared to another profile assuming that the unit is set up for off road usage?

I think theres no difference in performance but i want to make sure.

Cheers

Profiles are just ways to store differrnt settings... so you have control over what you want to have in each one

For example, in my Automotive Profile I have the map use Automotive View, route on road for cars, turn WAAS off, have City Navigator map display, use a wallpaper of some nice country road...

In my Geocaching mode, which I switch to as I get close to the cache or about to start a hike, I have he unit use Track up mode, route off road, turn WAAS on, use Topo 2008 for the map, use a wallpaper of a nice ammo box....

You change the setting sunder each profile, they'll stick for that profile. One click between profiles and you change completely how the unit works. Great but underused feature of these units.

Its nothing really, it requires too much button pressing to switch between screens.

With JJreds Custom POIs macro all the info is right there and just have to scroll with the roller.

In geocache it doesnt display the coords and sometimes I use that to find caches. (Compass is unreliable when close to the destination)

Thats about it.

I like it how it displays all the caches in the map, but dont like it that it centers it on your current position.

Also like the small compass on top of the map, that is really cool, wish it was available in the general map screen, but I guess the pointer is a good replacement.

I have a Colorado 300 and I haven't noticed any difference. The profiles are simply custom setups and you can create your own or delete the presets. I've got a profile set up with tracking switched on because the menu item to toggle tracking is a couple of levels down in the menus. This was I can toggle tracking simply by changing profiles.