Newb to the site and GeoCaching

EKIMYTTAM

New to the site and Geocaching. Starting as a new hobby with my 2 young sons and so far have found two local caches. Really enjoying getting out with the boys for these little adventures. Can't wait to find more !!! :laughing: The boys are also anxious to hide a cache of their own. Still learning but I can see this become a nice hobby for us !!!

New to the site and Geocaching. Starting as a new hobby with my 2 young sons and so far have found two local caches. Really enjoying getting out with the boys for these little adventures. Can't wait to find more !!! :o The boys are also anxious to hide a cache of their own. Still learning but I can see this become a nice hobby for us !!!

This is a wonderful hobby to enjoy together as a family!

Welcome & hope you have lots of fun! :unsure:

New to the site and Geocaching. Starting as a new hobby with my 2 young sons and so far have found two local caches. Really enjoying getting out with the boys for these little adventures. Can't wait to find more !!! :o The boys are also anxious to hide a cache of their own. Still learning but I can see this become a nice hobby for us !!!

Indeed...the kids LOVE it and don't seem to tire of caching! Welcome! Dan

Definitely agree! My wife and I have been geocaching for a couple of weeks and have had lots of fun! We've been to places in town we'd never seen before and probably spend more time together than we used to. And, we're able to bring our baby along. She loves the outdoors.

My Geo-Buddy is our 11 year old grandson. He counts down the hours till we go out together; two weeks ago he visited us at our winter RV home in Florida. Man, did he love the experience, learning that Florida caching is quite different than back home in Iowa.

I wouldn't trade our Geo experiences for anything; enjoy the new hobby :unsure:

New to the site and Geocaching. Starting as a new hobby with my 2 young sons and so far have found two local caches. Really enjoying getting out with the boys for these little adventures. Can't wait to find more !!! :yikes: The boys are also anxious to hide a cache of their own. Still learning but I can see this become a nice hobby for us !!!

Us too! We had success today after I wrote down exactly WHAT we were looking for at the sites. Because we had been the day before without enough information, we didn't use our GPS until we had found a few items. The update download has rendered my GPS useless and we had to call it a day. Anyone else have the Garmin nuvi 660? Any problems updating? I was disappointed our day didn't last longer, but was happy we were successful at this outing.

Happy Hunting.

I am new to the site, too. I am looking to find more people who cache in my area. Is there a forum topic specific to a location?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=19

At least, that's where I assume your area is based on your finds.

There might be some non-Groundspeak forums for your area as well. If it is CT, perhaps others who are local can better advise. Happy caching!

Edited by Chrysalides