Looking for someone I traded with.

Celtic Cache Trio

Last year at MWGB I traded someone one of our personals for a Pennypacker Roadtrip coin. That coin was one that made it to the ebay sale. That buyer is trying to activate it and asked for help. I sent him a link to Oakcoins activation page. He says it is telling him the coin is activated.

I never activated it so either it was traded to me activated or the buyer is doing something wrong. If I traded someone here traded it to me and remembers trading it to me can you check to see if it shows in your inventory. I don't care if it is activated I will make it right with the buyer some how but if it is activated I would like to adopt it so I can forward it to him.

Heeellllp!

If the coin is activated then it should show up under someone's acct on gc.com and that way it is easliy traced. Oakcoins only has the activation code and going there wouldn't tell you that it was actually activated already. If that code has already been pulled at oakcoins but not truly activated he should contact oakcoins to see if they will give it to him. It may be that the original owner pulled the code and it can't get pulled again by someone else.

Well this just turned into a nightmare. Buyer sent me the tracking number. I plugged it in and it is active and was dropped into Midwest Geobash and at some point traded to me for a personal. I didn't think to check tracking number, not that I could have done anything about it after the fact but at least I could have released it rather than sell it. I just feel stupid now.

The parrot left a dropping at the table I was sitting at as well. Unfortunately I had not been following the forums and didn't realize what it was. A newbie trader was trading me some coins and asked about the coin sitting on the corner of the table, if it was mine. I knew it wasn't and said so. She replied "Well, I will take it then. Finders, keepers." When I got home I found out that between my son and I she had traded us 3 activated coins for 3 unactivated coins....................... I also traded coins with lots of kids who found them with the metal detectors only to find out later that the tracking numbers had been ground off :laughing: It is a good thing that I "don't sweat the small stuff"! Thanks Mystery Parrot for your good intentions anyway, your generousity does not go unappreciated! :laughing:

There was a lady that was trading coins she got from the travel bug barn at MWGB. WI Robin was also taken by her as we were. She only got one from us. I keep track of which coins I trade with people, so I was able activated the coin we traded with her. It taught us a lesson to check after each trade.

We know that the trader was not the person that dropped them into MWGB. It was someone that went to the barn and picked up a bunch and then came to the meeting area and traded them for unactive coins.

Here is the Coin she traded

Here is the Coin she has

Edited to add links to coins in questions

Edited by NOSNOW

Holy smokes...there always seems to be an angle to mess things up and people who are able to find them and take advantage. Sorry for your trouble celtic cache trio, if I had one of those penny packer coins I'd send it to you to help with the ebay situation.

Does anyone have an extra of these? I could look at your seeking list and see if there's is something that I could trade you for it to help her out.

PM me if you do

Thanks LJ BVnLJ

Yes this really is very lown down isn't it!! :laughing: No way was this a mistake either. The person knew exactly what she was doing. I know exactly how that coin that nosnow got scammed on was packaged. I dropped it off in the tb barn and they require all tbs and coins to be in baggies with the printed mission too. Someone had to deliberately take the coins out of the bag and dump the info. Boy that makes me SO mad :laughing: If someone does that to me I might climb on the table and announce it to everyone there. I don't think anyone should test me on that though :anibad:

There was internet in the building there but for me on my mac it was extremely slow and almost useless.

I thought stealing coins from Caches was bad enough, you mean I have to worry about THIS too when I get to a big event with a pile of trade Coins????!!!!! This is another example of the growth ow the game causing it's own problems. The more good press the game gets the more low lifes will join up to get what they can and run. will any one recognize that person if they show up at another event???