Trojan in GMAPtool?

I used GMAPtool happily earlier this week and it ran just fine. Now AVG (free) is declaring that it has a problem:

"Trojan horse Patched_c.BKP"

It refuses to let me do anything with it.

I'm checking here in case someone with a different virus checker (with up to date definitions, please) can give me a sanity check. Can someone tell me if any other virus checker sees a problem with GMAPtool?

I have v0.40b. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago from the author's site (wgmaptool040b.zip).

The reason I'm suspicious is because it worked great when I used it a few days ago and I have had no problems with my system since then. But AVG has had a definition file update since then and now it's complaining. Sounds like a classic false positive to me, but I sure would appreciate some second opinions from users of GMAPtool with other virus checkers.

Thanks for your help.

...ken...

I used GMAPtool happily earlier this week and it ran just fine. Now AVG (free) is declaring that it has a problem:

"Trojan horse Patched_c.BKP"

It refuses to let me do anything with it.

I'm checking here in case someone with a different virus checker (with up to date definitions, please) can give me a sanity check. Can someone tell me if any other virus checker sees a problem with GMAPtool?

I have v0.40b. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago from the author's site (wgmaptool040b.zip).

The reason I'm suspicious is because it worked great when I used it a few days ago and I have had no problems with my system since then. But AVG has had a definition file update since then and now it's complaining. Sounds like a classic false positive to me, but I sure would appreciate some second opinions from users of GMAPtool with other virus checkers.

Thanks for your help.

...ken...

I just downloaded that file and found nothing wrong with it. You might need to run something like SpyBot or the web version on TrendsMicro to see if you have something that already exists.

The "Patched_c.BKP" makes me think it's a "C" routine that has infected most likely an executable.