Uploading Animations

Gan Dalf

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I have an animated gif file that I would like to put on a cache page I am designing. I tried uploading the image to the reviewers note log like I do with all of the standard jpeg's htat I am also uploading for the cache page. My intention is to then write the html as an img_src for the cache page so that when people bring it up they will see the animation. I have seen this done on other cache pages and verified in the source that is how others have done it before.

The trouble that I am having is when I try to upload the animation, the file gets converted to a jpg file and then the animated picture does not show up, It is simply a balck box. Does anyone know what I migh tbe doing wrong or can you explain how to upload a gif file so that it does not get converted to a jpg?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-FM

I have seen this done on other cache pages and verified in the source that is how others have done it before.

could these possibly be older caches? At one time you could upload just about any file type to a cache page (it wasn't uncommon to see .doc files, for example). Not any more. Now the website converts all images to jpeg format, and will only accept a small number of image formats (why can't we use png? :) ).