Ship in a Click - Canada Post online

ELTADA

So I was filling out small packet customs forms yesterday for each of my bubblers for the math trade, mission, etc. I was getting a hand cramp and loosing my pants because my toddlers was yanking on them every five seconds trying to get my attention. I was thinking to myself...there has to be an easier way to do this. So I asked the woman at the counter about whether I could fill these out ahead of time online and she told me to check out "Ship in a Click" on the Canada Post website.

Have any of you used this before?

How did it work?

Can you use it for Light/Small Packet service to the US and International?

What about for Lettermail Non-standard O/S? (this is what I used for mailing within Canada)

Can you print multiple labels and have one charge on your credit card or will there be 8 charges of $4.10 for example?

Any comments are appreciated...thanks!

I've created a Word doc of the Small Packet declaration label that I can print out on Avery labels (#05168, 4/page - 5" x 3.5"). I just have to cut and paste the address and the value.

I don't bother filling in the stuff in the greyed-out portion of the label, even though I now know the ID of the post office I always use.

I don't think the online form gives you the option of Light Packet, which is about half the cost of small packet. Under 100g is $2.11.

If you want the label template, I can email it to you.

You all seem to have better luck than I do...I am told different requirements by every postal outlet I visit - use the green form, use the white form, it's just an O/S letter - no form required!! ARGHHH! And even at the same postal outlet, it depends which clerk serves me.

In your experience, is there a definitive rule as to which form to use to mail coins to the US / International?

Hey Denise, at my old post office in Deer Ridge they always gave me the green forms to fill out. I would do like Theotokos and take a stack home so that I could fill them in there. Also, I always went light parcel air. It was the best option.

I do the same here in Australia but damned if I can find any of those bubble mailers anywhere....

So I was filling out small packet customs forms yesterday for each of my bubblers for the math trade, mission, etc. I was getting a hand cramp and loosing my pants because my toddlers was yanking on them every five seconds trying to get my attention. I was thinking to myself...there has to be an easier way to do this. So I asked the woman at the counter about whether I could fill these out ahead of time online and she told me to check out "Ship in a Click" on the Canada Post website.

Have any of you used this before?

How did it work?

Can you use it for Light/Small Packet service to the US and International?

What about for Lettermail Non-standard O/S? (this is what I used for mailing within Canada)

Can you print multiple labels and have one charge on your credit card or will there be 8 charges of $4.10 for example?

Any comments are appreciated...thanks!

Ship in a Click is for Priority Courier, Xpresspost and Regular Parcel. There are no options to purchase the Lettermail Non-standard O/S that you and I use within Canada. I also use the 'Other Letter-Post' for USA and International destinations and it cannot be purchased online. The only time I use the online system is for Expedited (a Venture One service), Xpresspost and Priority Courier. The label is large (1/2 of an 8 1/2 x 11 page) and covers the top of a small box, it won't work for small bubble mailer envelopes at all.

For International and US, Light Packet is the best value up to 200g and then switch back to Other Letter-Post to 500g. I actually got told by a clerk yesterday that I don't need customs declarations on anything that is 'Other Letter-Post'. I am taking that with a grain of salt - the story changes every day!

Thanks for all the great info. Yes, I usually send things Light Packet Air as it is rarely more than one or two coins at a time.

Are the green forms not just old versions of the white small packet ones we use now?

I think this has been said before but Canada Post sure has a confusing way of doing things. I have been doing this for about 6 months (trading and sending missions and such) and I am now just becoming confident with determining how much it will cost...I am quite proud of myself when I get it right! lol!

I have determined that as long as the mailer is less than 20mm thick, you can send it by Non-Standard O/S Letter post within Canada...right? If it is thicker than 20 mm, I have figured that they will take your first born and why not throw in the keys to your Envoy? Gotta love "Regular Parcel"!

As far as customs forms go, if I am sending it out of country I think I would rather put it on to be safe.

Special thanks to E&CPlus3 for sending me the customs template -- hopefully there won't be a problem with doing it that way. It will save a lot of handwriting.

I use the white forms for all small package mail to the U.S. and International and never had an issue - other than sometimes I have to tell the clerk how much it should cost to send :laughing: There is one outlet that never fails to try and charge me 2-3x more than they should.

Usually to the U.S. it is $2.11 under 100g (1-2 coins) and I think $4.00 (3-4 coins) up to 200g. International is a lot more with the new rates and I've paid from $4.40 to $8.00+ so far.

I just had a bad experience with delivery, but here's how I do it:

1) My return address printed on a sheet of Avery labels

2) Print out addresses, cut and tape onto envelopes

3) Print the following on CLEAR Avery labels "Metal Game Token, Gift, Value #10" (each element on a separate line.

Then, take the GREEN custom sticker, stick it on the envelope, take a CLEAR Avery sticker and stick it on top. Voila! No writing at all.

That said - I have had some VERY bad delivery times in the last batch of 100 coins I sent out.

Are the green forms not just old versions of the white small packet ones we use now?

I ordered the white small packet stickers from Canada Post online and they sent me the green ones. They have the same product number it seems.

I've recently been told that the green ones are for packets that fit through the slot (Other Letter-Post) and that the white ones are for Small Packet and Light Packet packages. I was also told a few months ago at an 'outlet' postal centre that the green ones have been discontinued and they were not longer valid, but then Canada Post Corp sent me 200 of them! Go figure. I was also told that packages that fit through the slot don't need a customs form of any sort, but I'm not buying that for a minute. if it's not paper, they need to know what it is, I'm pretty sure of that.

I've yet to get a consistent answer from Canada Post or the outlet staff, though everyone assures me that their answer is the right one :):D .