Most Interesting Road Sign While Geocaching

Headhardhat

5375_1132630209293_1633415886_323904_5772540_n.jpg

In Pleasant Grove, UT.

Ah, yes. I think I rember that sign. There is also a sign in lindon(lindon and Pleasant Grove border each other) that says something like 8 or 18% grade, or something like that. I went down it on a bike. And Ithought I had gone up and down some steep roads. This road WOULD require a strong four wheel drive to get up, and a strong set of brakes to get down without killing you and probably at least one other person. I got about 40 miles an hour on my bike on it, I think. And there were a couple speed humps on it, too, I think. :):):):)

Should be better this time!

Not a street sign........... but an emergency "power-off" button to kill the pumps at a gas station.

7045d4e3-7392-44f4-a50b-04a444ed3b8d.jpg[/img]

Don't ya wonder who has the key for the lock?

The clerk has the key. You need the key to reactivate the pump (My son loved this till I explained it to him)

Actually -- is hard to see in the photo -- the padlock is locking a box-like (lucite?) hinged cover. You CANNOT access the "Emergency Shut-Off" button!

Got no picture (this was back in 1963, before cameras were invented :blink: ) me & some buds were trippin' thru the Sonora Desert near Yuma, AZ....passed a sign someone had obviously stuck up by the road out in the middle of nowhere:

WATCH FOR FALLING ROCKS

(We didn't stop to.)

Takes a sense of humor, that'n.

~*

I live in Montana and we travel to Wyoming and there are tons of those signs. I just resorted to telling my children that "Falling Rock" is an old Indian Ghost man and we should watch for him. The older ones are over it but my younger 2 watch very closely.

I live in Montana and we travel to Wyoming and there are tons of those signs. I just resorted to telling my children that "Falling Rock" is an old Indian Ghost man and we should watch for him. The older ones are over it but my younger 2 watch very closely.

My sister and I fell for that one hook, line, and sinker when we were young. Kept us quiet in the car for hours as we peered out the windows hoping to get a glimpse of that Indian :blink:

I have one I would love to share - but as a technophobe have no idea how to! Tried "searching" and came up with nada. If anyone could tell me how (in simple terms, please) I would appreciate it - and I'll keep the instructions in a cheat sheet...thanks in advance!
Find the picture, copy the URL from the top of your browser (you know.. that http:\\www thing). Add a reply to the thread, click the Picture icon (that lovely little tree that sits between the chain link and the letter), and paste that URL into the box that popped up. If you don't know how to copy and paste, you're on your own. :)

No Golfing Here!

ce4a01b4-6116-4f81-bad3-81f65bea8e12.jpg

It is interesting that this small little residential greenspace (currently white) actually needed to have this sign here to stop golfing between the houses, trees and cars? Thanks to Stone Wolf for drawing our attention to the area (GC1N2FZ)! :)

Can you imagine trying to find your ball in that?

7ff5061c-d5a3-4d6d-afab-7ccd5530c455.jpg

Found this sign on a Cache run with friends in North Central Pennsylvania. The sign was on a wrong road that we took near the cache.

OK... I don't get offended easily, but you will be hearing from my lawyer soon!

:laughing:

:) . . . I don't want to assume but which group are you identify with but if you want to state it for the record am sure we would all be interested.

By the way, my lawyer says I can't be sued because; there is nothing found to be derogatory for the first group; the second would not feel it applies to them because they believe they are invincible; and the third group would not understand the underlying message.

Edited by Robertsons3