Most Interesting Road Sign While Geocaching

Headhardhat

I'm still trying to figure out the sign below the wheelchair. I hope is it not what I think it is, seen those on the back of pickups, usually with a ford or chevy emblem underneath.

Jim

It indicates a diaper changing station.

I thought it was a place to hold birthday parties, so you could blow out the candles.

Bruce

cecc84c0-e09a-4580-a03c-f6db29127657.jpg

I've seen plenty of Hidden Driveway signs but I hadn't seen one of these before. I don't know where they hid it, but I hope I didn't drive right through it.

Bruce

Maybe somebody will post the coordiantes so that you can go find it.

Gives a whole new meaning to roadside micros! :laughing:

doggy.jpg

this one is on a trail near me. why they decided to place such a sign, i have no idea

Maybe they don't want dogs making messes. As a non-dog owner, dogs kind of anoy me. I like dogs, but i dont want their messes around. Even when you pick them up... Would you like me to pooh on your carpet, then pick it up with a plastic bag. Probaly would make you mad. I try no to think of this when I sit on the grass at the park, but realy, it is rather gross.

Years ago (before I was geocaching), I was driving on the back roads near Granite Falls, WA.

Somewhere out there was a street sign for DEAD INDIAN RD.

Unfortunately, I was running late and didn't snap a photo.

After all these years (and looking every time I'm in the area) I have not found this sign again.

(Does anyone know where this sign is - please post coords - thanks)

I was looking at attributes at boxes. There's (at least) one that says, "Ticks! Thorns! Poison Plants! Takes less than 1 hour. Kid friendly", etc. Yeah..... I WANT my kid to be around Ticks! Thorns! Poison Plants! Sounds like a good time!

Sorry no picture but I'm sure you can find an example.

doggy.jpg

this one is on a trail near me. why they decided to place such a sign, i have no idea

Maybe they don't want dogs making messes. As a non-dog owner, dogs kind of anoy me. I like dogs, but i dont want their messes around. Even when you pick them up... Would you like me to pooh on your carpet, then pick it up with a plastic bag. Probaly would make you mad. I try no to think of this when I sit on the grass at the park, but realy, it is rather gross.

The signage could be less...graphic.

Keeping with the potty talk theme..

There is a major road in Troy, Michigan off of I-75 called "Big Beaver" :)

wanna guess the exit number?

Yup... Exit 69 :rolleyes:

Will have to have one of my brothers take a photo and send down to me.

-HHH :grin:

I live about a mile from this exit. I know a guy who started a business selling bumper stickers about it.

http://www.getoffonbigbeaver.com/index.asp

Not found while caching - I was visiting my son (USMC) and we were out exploring and found this crossing sign.

Definitely would give them the right away!!!!

We waited around to see if we would be able to see the actual beasts but unfortunately none showed up!!

Bill

Pahrump, NV

Tank%20crossing.JPG

Some of the tank-crossing signs at Ft Stewart had LED lights around the edges, and some had concertina wire around the base to keep from being stolen!

Not a road sign, but I saw this unfortunately labeled box on the dessert table at an event. I guess if you eat too many of the Jelly Assortment this fate awaits you...

JellyAss.jpg

Ahh. Otis Spunkmeyer muffins! A favorite of the military.

When I drove from Iowa to Oregon I saw this watertower:

2508751949_c4563a79fb.jpg

And how many miles do you drive for a friend?

3978078149_6ce26302df.jpg