Most Interesting Road Sign While Geocaching

Headhardhat

:rolleyes:

This is a common sign found on many trails and roads coming up from Mexico........and yes one must use the proper care and caution when caching in the desert, along the line! (or any where else in the desert)

[p]

BOARDERNOTE.jpg

"Rough-Translation" (Cared for it expose not its life to the elements

does not be worth while) In "Gringo-Parlance" Use caution, them critters are out there hiding, and they'll get you sucker. It ain't worth it (Death).... and plus all that there is no potable water to be found!

Edited by GIDEON-X

Found this sign leaving a park after caching...

c2cb72bf-6fd1-4090-bde4-d16eda4ef318.jpg

This one isn't a road sign, but I found it in the final stage of a multi stage cache that I planned to find for my 500th cache. As luck would have it, a few days before someone had dropped off a TB whose mission was to be tracked down by me. Unbeknownst to me, my geocaching arch nemesis (all in fun) had found this cache just before me. This is what I found...

2ef74484-5b5b-46f0-ad9c-2faa4288958d.jpg

The picture is my former avatar of a pig on a throne...

Edited by Pork King

i know it isn't a road sign, but my tank pic from YPG was already used...

n185200716_30374059_1791.jpg

Danger, Do Not Enter

This Mine is Permanently Closed

Thursday, May 17, 2007

If You Enter, You May Not Escape and You May Die

Edited by uws22

Found these in Swaziland....

94291397-0317-4751-89c5-ce92c7fd114e.jpg

What the heck is a flatdog and why would it be a crocodile's flatdogs??

Flatdog is local slang for a crocodile. :(

The apostrophe is..... well, African spellink

tINGWENYA = crocodile

NGOTI = danger

It's a hot mineral spring, and the warning is very real - the crocs love the warm water, especially in winter.

And by the way,can anyone tell me what up with the "tadpole" thing in my profile box??? ;)

You're a newbie in the forums. After you've made some minimum number of posts (10?) then you get upgraded to "geocacher". If you pay to become a Premium Member, you can customize that line to say anything you want.

I mean, come on!

We all know that micros are lame, especially drive by ones, but to have a highway sign for one???

729635e1-fd73-4351-a063-cefe8d23e462.jpg

See on 95 driving past, you guessed it, Micro NC. (Sorry for the poor photo, it was night and raining.)

oh, that's just screaming for a film canister.

Actually, I think a 55 gallon barrel drum would be better.

There is a cache in Micro. It was next to the welcome center. Not sure if its still there or not, but we found it on the way home from florida :laughing:

We were driving through a local town here with a lot of caches in it and saw one of those signs where you make words by putting up individual letters. (There's a name for those kind of signs...it's escaping me...) Any way, it said:

AMISHFU FURNITURE

I'm picturing Amish Kung-Fu.

I think it may have been pranked by kids because it was fixed when I went back a couple days later to get a picture.

I found this one while taking some hazmat classes at Fort Mclellan in Anniston Alabama. This was before I discovered geocaching, but I still thought this was funny enough to post on here. I guess children shouldn't play in abandoned mine fields. :anitongue:

l_04b908a7a3a74fcdb995dd870c435531.jpg

Did basic and AIT at Ft. McClellan back in the early eighties. Wow! Was that really a quarter century ago? Started basic on an April first, snowed that morning. By the time we got to mid summer we had guys dropping out of formation with heat stroke. Good times! Good times.

Did basic and AIT at Ft. McClellan back in the early eighties. Wow! Was that really a quarter century ago? Started basic on an April first, snowed that morning. By the time we got to mid summer we had guys dropping out of formation with heat stroke. Good times! Good times.

I can feel their pain. Right in the beginning of the August heat we were outside in the relentless sunshine in full level A hazmat suits with SCBA doing decon rotations all day. Nothing like getting undressed and pouring a ton of sweat out of your boots. :anitongue:

Edited by Saginaw Bloodhounds