Most Interesting Road Sign While Geocaching

Headhardhat

Although we've been seeing this sign for years prior to us caching, it's still one of my favorites mostly because of my surprise the first time I saw it.

loop%20sign.jpg

That's "the loop" in the Great Smoky Mountains NP:

Google Street View link

edit: here's a link showing the sign

We found one of those in Oregon, but I can't remember where. Maybe it should be a Waymark category. :laughing:

Edited by DavidMac

Although we've been seeing this sign for years prior to us caching, it's still one of my favorites mostly because of my surprise the first time I saw it.

www.castlemischief.com/img/loop sign.jpg

That's "the loop" in the Great Smoky Mountains NP:

Google Street View link

edit: here's a link showing the sign

We found one of those in Oregon, but I can't remember where. Maybe it should be a Waymark category. :laughing:

You are correct, sir!

Edited by Castle Mischief

HUH???

2926214718_b5d7fb82c6.jpg

I wonder how long it takes out of towners to figure out that sign, if they do at all.

I know if I had stumbled upon that sign on the wrong day at the wrong time I'd be stopped long enough, try to figure the sign out, to be in violation of the law.

Altho it is simple enough once you realize that on the days with a white background stopping isn't allowed from 10am to 6pm and on the days with the black backgrounds stopping isn't allowed between 4pm and midnight. It would be interesting to use that sign as part of a mystery or even an offset cache.

HUH???

I wonder how long it takes out of towners to figure out that sign, if they do at all.

I know if I had stumbled upon that sign on the wrong day at the wrong time I'd be stopped long enough, try to figure the sign out, to be in violation of the law.

Altho it is simple enough once you realize that on the days with a white background stopping isn't allowed from 10am to 6pm and on the days with the black backgrounds stopping isn't allowed between 4pm and midnight. It would be interesting to use that sign as part of a mystery or even an offset cache.

Well, I figured out 'the code' straightaway....but what I cannot figure for the life of me is the why????? Either in the disparity of hours (between can & can't) - and even moreso, the oddity of days.

But mostly, that new month. When did we get an "ARP"....was it with the new DST datespread??

~*

HUH???

Well, I figured out 'the code' straightaway....but what I cannot figure for the life of me is the why????? Either in the disparity of hours (between can & can't) - and even moreso, the oddity of days.

But mostly, that new month. When did we get an "ARP"....was it with the new DST datespread??

~*

I don't know but there appears to be a new date chart pasted over an old one. It looks like legislatures run amuck or judging by the months a method of collecting a "tourist tax". Just station a cop within' easy view of the sign and when a tourist stops to figure out if stopping is allowed or not he can ticket them for stopping.

i wish i had taken a picture at the time.

i saw a sign that said "fallen trees may impede forward progress". it's the kind of sign you really hope people don't need.

and this one:

f0ace6ca-c681-4ae3-808c-8e1e75a4f979.jpg

do they really have a problesm with people not stopping at the end of this street?

i wish i had taken a picture at the time.

i saw a sign that said "fallen trees may impede forward progress". it's the kind of sign you really hope people don't need.

and this one:

f0ace6ca-c681-4ae3-808c-8e1e75a4f979.jpg

do they really have a problesm with people not stopping at the end of this street?

It's a big enough problem in Italy that they have sign specifically for that purpose. I saw a few of these when geocaching there.

IMG_6575-CarInWater.JPG

Here is another road sign from Italy.

attenzione_prostitute1.jpg

This sign was found on top of a hill at a ski resort in Potter Co., Pa. The cache's name is Panorama and the sign reads:

"This is the steepest slope in the east, it is often icy and can be treacherus. It is for experts only don't ski it unless:

1. You are a level three skier

2. Your equipment is expert

3. Your bindings are set for expert

4. Your edges are sharp.

(Then here's the part that gets me)

Jumping is Forbidden"

9e2fc95f-c302-452a-902e-a8b6b8e27cb3.jpg

Edited by PaRacers

Funniest sign, although I forgot to take a picture of it, was while driving into Bricelyn, MN last weekend. This is a nearly dead farming town in extreme southern Minnesota, population of less than 400. Attached to the bottom of the green sign, Bricelyn, population such and such, was another sign that said, Bricelyn, next 5 exits. You have to understand, Iowa is about 5 miles away and it is so flat and full of nothingness that you can probably see Iowa on a clear day from that vantage point. So thanks to whoever put up that sign to let me know that I had better be paying attention if I wanted to pull into this rinky dink town.

I just want all of you out there to know that Iowa is a very beautiful state.

Edited by sweetpea3

Keeping with the potty talk theme..

There is a major road in Troy, Michigan off of I-75 called "Big Beaver" :unsure:

wanna guess the exit number?

Yup... Exit 69 :)

Will have to have one of my brothers take a photo and send down to me.

-HHH ;)

Ya didn't give a Troll a chance!

bbroad.jpg

That would be the one!!! Ah memories, I used to work at Kmart Headquarters in Troy and frequently went by this sign.. Lovin' it!

Thanks for sending from one Troll to the Next...

Keeping with the potty talk theme..

There is a major road in Troy, Michigan off of I-75 called "Big Beaver" :unsure:

wanna guess the exit number?

Yup... Exit 69 ;)

Will have to have one of my brothers take a photo and send down to me.

-HHH B)

Ya didn't give a Troll a chance!

bbroad.jpg

That would be the one!!! Ah memories, I used to work at Kmart Headquarters in Troy and frequently went by this sign.. Lovin' it!

Thanks for sending from one Troll to the Next...

I got my wife to slap me because of that sign. I made a spectacle of drooling on my self. :)