Sign in to follow this  
Followers 18
Headhardhat

Most Interesting Road Sign While Geocaching

469 posts in this topic

I ran into this interestingly worded road sign while geocaching in Cary, NC this last weekend. What oddity in road sign have you photographed while geocaching?

IMG00545.jpg

-HHH :laughing:

I ran into this interestingly worded road sign while geocaching in Cary, NC this last weekend.

Great... Now in addition killing, it humps?

Rural Perry Township, Pennsylvania, provides a helpful warning to any innocent visitors:

1663152_300.jpg

Not a road sign, but I got a laugh out of this, in Mexico:

28b12951-b17e-4900-9066-7d76d515db02.jpg

This says PUSH in English, and PULL in the two local languages. Guess which way it opens?

Got no picture (this was back in 1963, before cameras were invented :laughing: ) me & some buds were trippin' thru the Sonora Desert near Yuma, AZ....passed a sign someone had obviously stuck up by the road out in the middle of nowhere:

WATCH FOR FALLING ROCKS

(We didn't stop to.)

Takes a sense of humor, that'n.

~*

I found this one just last week north of Las Vegas.

ad065051-69e0-452d-b763-8c49eab2359a.jpg

Warning...Democrats ahead?? :laughing::laughing:

Saw it this weekend. I almost turn the car around to get a picture. A small sign along the side of the road said

HITTING

LESSONS

None of that namby-pampy "martial arts" garbage. We teach you to hit! Yeah!

Edited by Prime Suspect

Sorry I don't have a pic available. Out in the deserts of New Mexico I passed a typical road sign for "cattle", but someone had put a UFO sticker up at the top with lines coming down like picking up the cow. Pretty funny.

Of course, this is the same area where there are a lot of reports of cattle mutilations. Maybe the aliens themselves left it. Vinny? You opinion?

db9bc667-ed71-4961-a53d-35d9d5fe77b2.jpg

We looked around but all the trees looked harmless enough. :laughing:

I offer for your perusal the following ancient threads:

linkerooski

linkerama

My post from those threads:

In a similar, ancient thread, I offered up a sign on the campus of a local university.

It reads 'No passing on campus'.

Edited to add the pic. Ignore the younger, skinnier, wind-blown fellow.

396731_200.JPG

Now the road was steep, but not quite that steep! :laughing:

109c10cf-6c81-4788-8725-ad5a031c117f.jpg

While we were here a tornado blew our snowman into a tsunami. :laughing:

1d0d6f92-eb6c-4b57-b329-6a64ebdecb6a.jpg

We saw this sign just before we left the trail to find the geocache (really).

e49eafe7-da2c-4657-8769-b62d66ff471d.jpg

The sign itself was ordinary. We did feel that the addition of an owl was interesting though. :laughing:

3d904b1b-283a-4548-b5f7-ab9ab91f31cf.jpg

Found this one on a quick stop to grab some last minute hike stuff....

closedsign.jpg

This one was emailed to me by a friend, but makes me laugh every time! :laughing:

donuts.jpg

Sorry I don't have a pic available. Out in the deserts of New Mexico I passed a typical road sign for "cattle", but someone had put a UFO sticker up at the top with lines coming down like picking up the cow. Pretty funny.

Of course, this is the same area where there are a lot of reports of cattle mutilations. Maybe the aliens themselves left it. Vinny? You opinion?

UFO%20Abducts%20Cow.jpg

Funniest sign, although I forgot to take a picture of it, was while driving into Bricelyn, MN last weekend. This is a nearly dead farming town in extreme southern Minnesota, population of less than 400. Attached to the bottom of the green sign, Bricelyn, population such and such, was another sign that said, Bricelyn, next 5 exits. You have to understand, Iowa is about 5 miles away and it is so flat and full of nothingness that you can probably see Iowa on a clear day from that vantage point. So thanks to whoever put up that sign to let me know that I had better be paying attention if I wanted to pull into this rinky dink town.

Also funny are the Bigfoot Crossing signs that were located around Colorado Springs when I was there last 15 years ago.

I came across this one in Hawaii, near cache GC1G1K0. We didn't see any bees that day.

a3294708-fdb0-438a-b993-04fe4e7140af.jpg

But, by far, this one is my favorite. While driving across Manitoba, I found this sign:

43edc9cf-eb5e-4c1c-8917-90faf6d2e80b.jpg

Came across this one while I was trying to find the right road to approach a brass cap in Lethbridge.

fda8e995-f40d-4eb9-a29b-b11104908664.jpg

This wasn't a geocaching trip, but we thought it was a bit odd. This was taken outside of the La Scala Opera House in Milan, Italy. We think the sign says Only Authorized Vehicles, but we never did figure out what Olive Oyl had to do with it.

OliveOylcropMedium.jpg

UFO%20Abducts%20Cow.jpg

Good job BlueDeuce! That even looks like the same road!

UFO%20Abducts%20Cow.jpg

Good job BlueDeuce! That even looks like the same road!

Looks like just about every road I drove on in New Mexico. Now that I think about it looks like the roads in Arizona.

Jim

Hey HHH, is that "Horney Livestock" sign still up, out your way near Liberty, NC?

Meanwhile, here's one I'm sure you're familiar with:

climax_highpoint.jpg

(& we've got a bunch more!)

~*

No picture but ran across a sign at a steep trail head the read:

NO

Wheelchairs

Strollers

Wagons

Bikes

Golf Carts

Dogs

or Other wheeled vehicles.

dogs!!????!!

Maui, October 2007. We didn't go in the water at this beach!

shark.jpg

Rochester New York.. yes it is bolted to the pole this way

3246089424_53ecfcb13a.jpg

How about 'pin the tail on the donkey' (assuming you play that game in the States)

I don't have a photo, but the most interested sign I've seen while caching was the one for the Krueger Memorial Park. I just kept thinking it had something to do with Freddy...

I would have loved to see these signs myself though:

zombie_1290011c.jpg

Hacker-Zombies-1.jpg

Keeping with the potty talk theme..

There is a major road in Troy, Michigan off of I-75 called "Big Beaver" :)

wanna guess the exit number?

Yup... Exit 69 :D

Will have to have one of my brothers take a photo and send down to me.

-HHH :P

Someone in Pike, Texas (population 80) has a sense of humor:

pike.jpg

No, it's not Photoshopped. Across the street from this sign is a little school bus shelter that has a Chicago Transit Authority sign on it. Forgot to take a picture of that though.

I spotted a Hula Hoop Crossing sign on Whidbey Island in Washington a few years back. I can't find my pic of it, but did find a similar sign at hooping.com, although the background look is about as far from Whidbey as you can get.

crossing.jpg

Japanese warning signs tend to be adorably cute.

75665dc4-844c-4f2d-9b8a-4b86198fa8fb.jpg

Why is the Japanese monkey giving us the middle finger? :)

I'm more concerned it's a warning about, shall we say, 'Flying Monkey Butt-Boogers'.

We'll hafta let the true expert on things coming down from above weigh in on this one for clarification.

Vinny! Where you at?

Meanwhilst, I be sittin' over here waitin' with Sioneva, all cuddled up & ready for some hot, heavy monkey acolytin'.

:)

~*

Like some others, neither of these were found while caching, but I recall seeing them years ago.

I believe this one is named after Olympian Michael Phelps' favorite vacation area:

0160.jpg

And this one I saw while traveling through Kentucky years ago. I'm guessing there's a lot of oral gratification happening here:

big_bone_lick_state_park_sign.jpg

We grew up around that area and that entire mountain range is known by the locals as "a** Pass" because of all the wild donkeys.

Found this one while hunting for a Brass Cap in the Crowsnest Pass, Alberta:

d2c7e69e-f558-41fe-a561-36f16b236653.jpg

dinoxingkl7.jpg

Obviously pranked, but still funny.

LUV that'n. WE HAVE THE WINNAR!!!!111

Luv'd this'n too:

bush_connecticut_welcome.jpg

~*

Here is another "Apopt a Highway" sign

geolandmark-1.jpg

There is a cache at the location as well as one at the other end of the road where there is a similar sign. The owners of the cache hosted a CITO event a couple of months ago. Three new caches were placed along "their" road for the event.

Although we've been seeing this sign for years prior to us caching, it's still one of my favorites mostly because of my surprise the first time I saw it.

loop%20sign.jpg

Edited by Castle Mischief

Note mine, but I got a kick out of this one reedkickball posted to a cache I found:

35f8e71d-ed18-4959-bb87-a8d9469dabe1.jpg

Edited by wubbh