TWR COINTEST! Bikes,Bikes,and more Bikes!

DJ.J.ROCK

af4890ce-2fd5-4096-b53d-f50028f0e580.jpg

There I am with Wiley the TB at the 2008 MWGB. Hours later would be the last time I ever saw Tod again. I rode my motorcycle to the Bash while Tod and KAboom brought out my Jeep with all our camping supplies! We had a great time camping and caching the weekend, good times!

This picture was taken the morning after "AREA 51"...ouch! A few hours of watching others eat while sipping coffee was enough to get me back into shape for the ride home (about 1.5 hours). Last I saw Tod was at a cemetery about a half hour from home. We stopped so I could rest the beast and get a sip of water, then I went on home while Tod detoured to his house to drop his equipment. I was in the shower when Tod dropped my Jeep off and headed out on his bike.

3922e80a-8610-42ce-a9b0-4f1a6c22d2cc.jpg

This pictre is from the 2007 Lazy Hayes Days event!

hey rod ,Wilie made it to the event i attended today!!! couldent belive it!! very awsome tb!!! and he's huge

1_poorbike.jpg

Some of you may have seen this before- this is the remains of my scooter after my accident in early January. Happier times I shall share here though.

I used to ride a 100cc Honda Kinetic- an old old thing- its around 13 years old and its done well for its age but it was getting to the point of more repairs than used time. My Other Half had some money for work he had done and decided that if my bike broke down again, he would buy me a new one. So, one Saturday after the Kinetic refused to start again, he went out with a friend, driving round all the bike sellers and places they knew that sold scooters both new and second hand. He found this one- a beautiful 150cc Chinese scooter, leather seat, fantastic suspension, really comfy ride- and decided to buy it for me- it was around 3 months old, still had 6 months warranty on it and only around 500km on the clock. On Saturdays here in Cyprus, the shops etc are only open in the mornings- so he bought the bike, sorted the registration and then drove frantically to the bank to sort out insurance (having to put it in his name as he didn't have my driving license etc and didn't want to ring me!). So he drives down to where I work- him on the new bike and turns up in my kitchen where I was working as a pub cook and says I have something for you. It was the weekend before my birthday last year. I was busy and had to clear the orders I had, but my boss helped drag me out of the kitchen. They made me close my eyes and dragged me all through the pub, with customers watching. David stopped me outside the pub, told me to hold my hand out and dropped the keys in my hand with a 'Happy Birthday'. I cried when I saw this beautiful scooter sitting there. She was the most comfortable and safe ride ever- and I am now crying cos some idiot hit her and ripped the back wheel off. I miss my bike so much, she's sitting in the local bike dealers and every so often I pass her and boy, do I miss that shiny newness.

Thanks for the cointest and the chance to share my bike picture- I don't have many of her- I think my Other Half has some nice ones on his camera somewhere- I just was too busy using her and not taking photos I guess- its also true what they say about not missing something until it's gone.

3d2edce4-20f2-4042-b053-b1a26738d002.jpg

Well you can probably tell this is not my bike. Mine is a 2008 Honda Rebel 250cc. This one is a Harley from a display window at Orlando Harley Davidson. My wife and I took our daughters to Florida and to Disney for the week. This was our first time as a family in Florida. As a matter a fact we are still here but are flying out tomorrow. This was mine and my daughters first time on a Harley. She just loved it!!! Now she thinks that when we get home to Minnesota I should start riding mine again. I had to say no, something about riding in 17 degree weather does not sound appealing. Thanks for the cointest. It would be fun to have one entered in Todie's Wild Ride. Thanks for the look at some nice bikes and the cointest.

-Dardevle & LULU J

there is 1 hr left for any last entrys..the cointest will close at 12 am(bottom right corner)

i will pick the winners tomarrow or wendsday!!! thank you all for showing us your bikes!!!

Just wanting to make sure you knew my posts were not entries in the cointest...and THANKS for the fun!!

THANKS also to those who posed pics and stories, loved all of them. BE SAFE out there!!!

Well you can probably tell this is not my bike. Mine is a 2008 Honda Rebel 250cc. This one is a Harley from a display window at Orlando Harley Davidson. My wife and I took our daughters to Florida and to Disney for the week. This was our first time as a family in Florida. As a matter a fact we are still here but are flying out tomorrow. This was mine and my daughters first time on a Harley. She just loved it!!! Now she thinks that when we get home to Minnesota I should start riding mine again. I had to say no, something about riding in 17 degree weather does not sound appealing. Thanks for the cointest. It would be fun to have one entered in Todie's Wild Ride. Thanks for the look at some nice bikes and the cointest.

-Dardevle & LULU J

Hey DD, you could win a coin in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, but we don't see you in there much??? There's a cointest going right now in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, maybe you'll win one there??

-Dardevle & LULU J

That's too funny dardevle! These were taken last May...

96783599.CuZf32hU.FloridaSmall166.JPG<BR>

96783600.dPuQQJTd.FloridaSmall167.JPG

Not an entry. ;)

:lol: alllllrightty then,,, I kicked butt at work yesterday so I find I have some time this morning,so I decided to post the winners,,and thanks to the technology,I can post here from my phone. Sssshhh don't tell the boss on me. :}

First id like to thank; write shop robert and rockin roddy for making this cointest possible. They have given their hearts to this cause of bike awareness. After you leave this thread please goto the Todies Wild Ride (TWR) thread,they are consistantly giving away coins for bike awareness,and there is a coin race too.

Second id like to thank the cointest entrys, there all great postings,and I love the storys and pics. I wish I had more coins to give away, but their are only 2...so on that note......

I judged on 1 pics and 2 story,

The first winner ,is..............modelcitizen

He had great pics and storys,what a nice bike,and great gear,the storys taught a lesson,and the pics told the story,,so I have picked him for the pics cat. Congrats I love the bike.

The second winner is .........belfrypotters post #37 the storys were awesome and I pictureed you guys chasing the bear down the mtn. What a rush that woulda been. And the pully in your other post sounded like so much fun. Congrats! Thanks for wearing a helmet!!

Runners up or honorable mentions

If I woulda had more coins to give, gatoullis woulda got 1 for the airplane bike pictures,how cool is that!

And ladybee4t woulda got 1 for her storys and awareness with the helmet placed on the trail, to allert bikes of help needed.

And if I woulda had a lot everyone woulda got one just for posting, they were all great and was a hard decision to make.!!! Thank you!!!

Winners

Please contact me thru my profile for your code for the look twice coins to set up for the TWR thread and I will drop theese at the event this weekend for discoverys and travel.!!

Thanks again everyone!!

Hey, how cool is that! We just won our first cointest :lol:! Thanks DJ J Rock for the cointest, and for making a very cold and snowy day a lot brighter. Email to follow.

I loved reading everyone's stories. I wish we could all chip in and buy BoatBird a new scooter. I nearly cried when I read that story, because the love and heartache came through so strongly.

Thanks.

Edit to add congratulations to ModelCitizen, too. That first photo is breathtaking, and it's also a very pretty bike!

Edited by Belfrypotters

Wow!!! Sweet!!! Cool!!! I've never won a cointest before either. Credit really goes to my brother, YellowFever, for riding ahead, setting up his camera, and snapping lots of shots of us as we rode by hiim one at a time. He did a great job with the pictures (as he always does) and that one is one of my favorites.

I'm not sure how TWR works but I'll check out the thread and see if I can figure it out. It was so very interesting seeing the wide asssortment of bikes and the many stories that go along with them. I especially loved seeing the picture of the cat that rides in a basket on the front of the bike. I wish mine would do that.

Belfrypotters' pictures and stories were outstanding. That trail riding sounds dangerous. Mattalbr's M50 and MotoCycleBoi's burnout also looked awesome. MotoCycleBoi, that's the right way to do a burnout. It's not supposed to include flaming clothing and luggage :lol: .

Thanks DJ.J.Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

The Look Twice For Bikes geocoin I won in this cointest is now ready to go!

Todie's Wild Ride: Hiding in Plain Sight - Model Citizen's Look Twice For Bikes geocoin

I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful geocoin adventure that spreads a very important, life-saving message.

Here's a snippet from the geocoin's web page:

Some useful information about motorcycle awareness:

Motorcycles can often be "hiding in plain sight" on the road. Your view of a motorcycle can be blocked by other vehicles, the sun, glare, or other obstructions. Please double check to make sure no bike is present before pulling out into an intersection. In almost half of the accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle, the view of the motorcycle was limited by glare or obstructed by other vehicles.

The number one situation that causes motorcycle accidents and fatalities is a when a car and a motorcycle are traveling in opposite directions on a road and the car turns left at an intersection directly into the path of the oncoming motorcycle. When motorcycles are involved in fatal crashes with another type of vehicle, in 40 percent of the cases, the other vehicle was turning left while the motorcycle was going straight. This can happen easily on a four-lane road. The car driver may see a car or truck approaching and not be able to see the motorcycle following behind it in the other lane. The car driver waits for the car or truck to pass, then pulls out, turning left across the road, not realizing there is a motorcycle approaching as well. In this situation, the motorcycle rider typically has just two seconds to react and swerve to avoid hitting the car. Many motorcycle riders are injured or killed either by being unable to avoid the collision and crashing into the car, or by losing control while trying to avoid the collision and crashing into other objects.

So please, please, please be extra careful while driving and think about the possibility that a motorcycle could be hiding in a blind spot that you can't see. Make sure intersections are empty before pulling out into them. You don't want to find yourself stopped in an intersection looking down at the body of a dead motorcyclist under your car. Please take a moment to look twice for bikes. You could save someone's life.

Thanks again DJ.J.Rock for this cointest!

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

af4890ce-2fd5-4096-b53d-f50028f0e580.jpg

There I am with Wiley the TB at the 2008 MWGB. Hours later would be the last time I ever saw Tod again. I rode my motorcycle to the Bash while Tod and KAboom brought out my Jeep with all our camping supplies! We had a great time camping and caching the weekend, good times!

This picture was taken the morning after "AREA 51"...ouch! A few hours of watching others eat while sipping coffee was enough to get me back into shape for the ride home (about 1.5 hours). Last I saw Tod was at a cemetery about a half hour from home. We stopped so I could rest the beast and get a sip of water, then I went on home while Tod detoured to his house to drop his equipment. I was in the shower when Tod dropped my Jeep off and headed out on his bike.

3922e80a-8610-42ce-a9b0-4f1a6c22d2cc.jpg

This pictre is from the 2007 Lazy Hayes Days event!

hey rod ,Wilie made it to the event i attended today!!! couldent belive it!! very awsome tb!!! and he's huge

The top picture was taken just 2 days before Tod's accident. The accident was very much like ModelCitizen described, someone turning left in front of Tod.

Great coin MC, please post your reference number in the Todie's Wild Ride thread! I've got you on my watch list, but we'll need your info to add to the growing list!! CONGRATS on the win and THANKS for participating!

And THANKS for the cointest and new entrants DJ.J.Rock!!