Question about moving a cache?

CachinSpree

From what I have read about changing coordinates, the rules say that it can not be moved more than 528' without going through a reviewer. With that being said, I found a particular spot that I really like but it is within the 528' rule. My question is, once the cache is approved and published, can I move the cache to the other location (the one I like) and just update the coordinates? If I was to move it, it would be around 350' from another one of my caches but there is no way of going from cache to cache without great difficulty. Thanks - CachinSpree

it would be around 350' from another one of my caches but there is no way of going from cache to cache without great difficulty.

If the great difficulty is a river, or canyon, or some other obstruction, you should talk with your reviewer. They will often make exceptions if there is a physical barrier between the two spots.

it would be around 350' from another one of my caches but there is no way of going from cache to cache without great difficulty.

If the great difficulty is a river, or canyon, or some other obstruction, you should talk with your reviewer. They will often make exceptions if there is a physical barrier between the two spots.

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what the barrier is. Thanks - CachinSpree

You should check with your reviewer, but I believe that if the new spot is too close to another cache, the new cache will get archived.

To be more specific, this will be seen as a blatant attempt to circumvent the guidelines and as a way to lie to the reviewers (you're telling them the cache complies with the guidelines when it really does not). Someone will eventually report it and it will get archived. Especially since lots of reviewers read these forums and will pay extra attention the next time CachinSpree publishes a cache.

But in your situation, with a barrier between the two caches, it's very possible you'll get an exception.

Your reviewer will know when you update the coordinates to move the cache to its "real" location. This is a recipe for instant retraction, and will put you on your reviewer's "naughty kids" list.

It's far better to be forthright, submit your cache at its real coordinates, and explain in a reviewer note why you think you should be granted an exception. If there's a river, specify the distance to the nearest bridge. If there's a cliff, what's its height and slope? The more information you provide, the better your chances. At least with this method, your chances of having a cache published at the desired spot are greater than the zero percent chance under your proposed plan.