"Send to GPS" on Linux

mopagemo

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a data cable for my Garmin Geko 201, and as most of you know, the "Send to GPS" button isn't supported on Linux. Since I wasn't very happy with that, I started to develop a firefox extensions which fixes that problem.

So here it is: the Send2GPS extension. It basically searches through a webpage for coordinates and then launches the external "gpsbabel" program, which can talk to garmin devices (and lots of other devices btw!).

Once installed, you can either click Tools -> Send to GPS device

or you can add a button to the toolbar.

Please report back to me if you experience any problems or have any improvement ideas.

Cheers,

mo

Nice.

In GPSBabelsville, "usb:" and "usb:0" are the same. Only if you have multiple USB garmins connected does the "usb:1" come into play; it's not a physical port number, is the second instance of the garmin hardware. So unless you have more than one Garmin USB device attached to the system at the same time (and it's my experience that only I do :-) it's a distraction.

Nice.

In GPSBabelsville, "usb:" and "usb:0" are the same. Only if you have multiple USB garmins connected does the "usb:1" come into play; it's not a physical port number, is the second instance of the garmin hardware. So unless you have more than one Garmin USB device attached to the system at the same time (and it's my experience that only I do :-) it's a distraction.

Thanks for the info, I removed the usb:0/1 devices from the webpage.