Can I make Wherigo create a file (Garmin Oregon)

mattalbr

Was thinking of making a waypoint averaging cartridge. Would average coords for user selected length of time then write the waypoint coords in a GPX file. Figured it would be a nice first project to work on to get familiar with the language and Oregon specifics....but if there's no i/o my project has been vaporized.

Matt

Was thinking of making a waypoint averaging cartridge.

You might want to check out the Build you own GPSr cartridge. The author should have included averaging in it. Perhaps you can contribute features to this project?

As far as I'm aware, you won't be able to do I/O though the Wherigo Player at the moment and certainly not on the Garmin units. While it's possible for third party Players to add I/O features, I'm less than optimistic concerning the Garmin Players.

Was thinking of making a waypoint averaging cartridge.

You might want to check out the Build you own GPSr cartridge. The author should have included averaging in it. Perhaps you can contribute features to this project?

As far as I'm aware, you won't be able to do I/O though the Wherigo Player at the moment and certainly not on the Garmin units. While it's possible for third party Players to add I/O features, I'm less than optimistic concerning the Garmin Players.

I did download that cartridge but have yet to run it. Maybe I'll still make my own cartridge that will average a position. If user is set up over a point with precise coordinates (benchmark, township corner, etc.) would easily be able to compute the averaged coords approximate error and display that value as well. I shudder when thinking about having to write coords down on paper though. It still makes Hulk mad that I can't output a simple ASCII file. :laughing:

The thing I don't understand is why Garmin didn't include this feature to begin with. It's not a complicated process to do the averaging.

Matt