Geocoin not in cache

Wintonian

Sorry for another how to log a TB/ Geocoin type thred but I'm slightly confused.

I found this coin (TB2G7FA) in this cache (GC1BKWR) but it wasn't listed and in fact was dropped into a cache in Italy about 6 weeks ago.

So I grabbed it diped it in and out of the cach I found it in.

Whats doing me is that I thought it was this coin that was dropped only 2 days before but not in the cache even though it is listed as such.

The pepole who dropped it in also left a TB TBGZ6M that has been logged out by someone else but they havn't logged their visit to the cache.

Maybe they logged the TB out but didn't know how to log the cache (not the useual way round I know) but that dosn't explain why they would log the TB but not either of the coins if it was this person - might not be.

So I'm confused - if it was a simple case of finding a coin that wasn't logged in I could handle that, but this ones making my head hurt a bit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Didn't know wether to post this in the TB or geocoin section so I put it here - but then you know it's here - or do you?

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Yeah... my head hurts too, after reading that and trying to follow it :mad:

As Prime Suspect suggests, sometimes you can't sort out all the complications you come across. I'd just put a note on the geocoin that you didn't see, to say that it wasn't in that cache... I see you've put a note on the cache page to say what was/wasn't in it. You've done your best!

For your own interested, you could put the 'absent' geocoin on your Watchlist just to see what happens - Hopefully it'll reappear somewhere soon and the next finders will place it correctly.

MrsB :o