Who wants a rather large cache box?

Crab_Soul

Well... after how everyone LOVES me so freakin much... i guess im just going to quit... i dont feel like crying over this anymore...

its a big plastic ammo shipping crate... we waterproofed it. its got 4 bricks in it with an inner lid. so no one can just pick it up and run off with it... its annoyingly heavy.. its got a special way to open it with 4 pins... so youd have to figure that out... its full of hotwheels cars.. its got the cache log... the top has

TO OPEN THIS CONTAINER GO TO GEOCACHING.COM on it with teh geocaching logo...

itd be like... 10$ + shipping...

ill try and get pics soon...

Edited by Crab_Soul

Well... after how everyone LOVES me so freakin much... i guess im just going to quit...

Oh, but we do. The internet is a very rough neighborhood. But these forums are pretty mild. You should try some of the unmoderated usenet groups for some really good flame fests. Ah, those were the days ...

Jim

Lets look at some facts shall we?

You have one find and one hide that never had a find on it. You have posted some questionable threads, the last one was about how to get a cache archived so that you could place your close by. You may question that but it is essentially how it came across to anyone reading it.

Now people may have treated you harshly but you are no victim here. You have brought ridicule upon yourself with bad spelling and poor communication skills. They may tell you at school that this is acceptable but take this as a lesson. If you communicate like a elementary student then expect the same treatment.

If you do leave then come back when you have matured enough to understand the way that the world rotates. Don't sweat the small stuff, there are plenty of places to hide caches so get out there and find them.

I'm starting to wonder who the child is here, some of you seem to be immature yourselves! I like to think of these forums as a community of cachers, not a pack of school bullies, what's the matter with you all? You guys realize this is a young man (says 18, but I would guess closer to 15 or so myself), maybe being a little bit more patient and helpful would be in order?

Crab Soul, sorry you had a bumpy start, but I might say, these forums have very little to do with the caching world! I wouldn't stop caching, just stop visiting here! Truly, just forget their actions and don't let it ruin your excitement! If you're still in need of a GPS, I might be able to help you there, give me a yell if you're interested!

Some of your comments were a bit off-the-wall, but not much worse than some others here, must be some feel the need to pick. Good luck, and I hope you do stick around and enjoy the activity even if some of the forums people can be less than friendly! And, if you have questions, please feel free to email me!

Some want to judge this guy simply because he is eager to jump in, you then bring the guy down to the point where he'd rather quit than be ridiculed...good job all! I realize the kid had some wild posts and isn't as schooled about caching as some, maybe being helpful instead of hurtful would be better!

You have one find and one hide that never had a find on it. You have posted some questionable threads, the last one was about how to get a cache archived so that you could place your close by. You may question that but it is essentially how it came across to anyone reading it.

Now people may have treated you harshly but you are no victim here. You have brought ridicule upon yourself with bad spelling and poor communication skills. They may tell you at school that this is acceptable but take this as a lesson. If you communicate like a elementary student then expect the same treatment.

If you do leave then come back when you have matured enough to understand the way that the world rotates. Don't sweat the small stuff, there are plenty of places to hide caches so get out there and find them.

I've seen many an adult poster use as bad or worse spelling and communication skills, but we are supposed to NOT ridicule simply because of this (according to the guidelines). I've seen many from other countries use much worse broken language and such, should we then flame them until they are ready to quit? If an elementary student were to have been the one posting, would you still flame away until the poor kid starts crying? Maybe we should all act more adult and not pick merely because of age, education or writing skills (guidelines again???). Yes, this kid IS a victim. A victim of people thinking they're better than he is and therefore can just ridicule him! Those are more facts you should add to the list!

My teen says some off the wall stuff, but ridicule him like this publically at a live event and we might have problems! In other words, don't type what you can't say live...and act like you're an adult even if the other person isn't! (this last part is for everyone, not aimed at who I quoted)

A better response would be to just ignore him.

He seems pretty prolific at starting threads. It would seem to me that he is just trolling to start the very type of discussion we are having.

Ignore him and he will either quit or go back to caching.

As for anyone wanting the container, I can't imagine the shipping costs. And most of us are pretty good at devising our own containers.

Good luck either way.

Some want to judge this guy simply because he is eager to jump in, you then bring the guy down to the point where he'd rather quit than be ridiculed...good job all! I realize the kid had some wild posts and isn't as schooled about caching as some, maybe being helpful instead of hurtful would be better!

People didn't judge him because he's eager to jump in; people judged him because he's eager to jump into a storm drain head first while telling everyone else to "shutz upz." Why should the community be patient with him when he can't be bothered to learn enough about the game to do it properly? A little bit of reading would have given him the answers to most of his questions, and a bit of tact and proofreading would have gotten him answers to the rest.

You guys realize this is a young man (says 18, but I would guess closer to 15 or so myself)

I was thinking more like 13, based upon syntax. That means, (if he's 18), he's either far too immature to deal with anything even remotely approaching reality, or he's a liar. You pick. It doesn't matter to me. I have no use for anyone from either category. While advocating patience is fine for someone who is physically and mentally capable of eventually learning how to communicate with humans in a public format, (say, someone who was 13 to 15 years old), patience is wasted on someone who is outside the learning curve or who is unwilling or unable to tell the truth.

Crab Soul, if you want to quit, then quit. There's no need for drama.

I've seen many an adult poster use as bad or worse spelling and communication skills, but we are supposed to NOT ridicule simply because of this (according to the guidelines). I've seen many from other countries use much worse broken language and such, should we then flame them until they are ready to quit? If an elementary student were to have been the one posting, would you still flame away until the poor kid starts crying? Maybe we should all act more adult and not pick merely because of age, education or writing skills (guidelines again???). Yes, this kid IS a victim. A victim of people thinking they're better than he is and therefore can just ridicule him! Those are more facts you should add to the list!

My teen says some off the wall stuff, but ridicule him like this publically at a live event and we might have problems! In other words, don't type what you can't say live...and act like you're an adult even if the other person isn't! (this last part is for everyone, not aimed at who I quoted)

Im going to the half-mile area of drain on monday. Its about 5 ft high and wide. Its just so freakin cool! Mabey ill take a camera and post a vid on youtube.

And to people who think i have a potty mouth... I am an atheist. therefore I do not believe in profanity or curses. I do try and limit my use of the words for you. but... its not my fault that some people let words have power over them.

And to people who think i have a potty mouth... I am an atheist. therefore I do not believe in profanity or curses. I do try and limit my use of the words for you. but... its not my fault that some people let words have power over them.

excuse me?

use of crude language has much more to do with a failure of manners than a belief in God. i suppose you also cut in lines and steal things because you are an atheist as well.

People didn't judge him because he's eager to jump in; people judged him because he's eager to jump into a storm drain head first while telling everyone else to "shutz upz." Why should the community be patient with him when he can't be bothered to learn enough about the game to do it properly? A little bit of reading would have given him the answers to most of his questions, and a bit of tact and proofreading would have gotten him answers to the rest.

Don't most simply come here and ask? Isn't that what teh forums are for, to bounce ideas off others? I saw this as what this young man was doing, but from post one, he's been met with problems (some for good reason, but civility is still cheap). Since he's a teen, try to think that many teens write each other like he was writing, slang is often used these days. Is he acting immature, certainly...because he is. Are we to stoop down and also act immature or should we maybe show patience and understanding and lead by example?

Ok, he did try to get a cache archived. Shoot him, shoot him now! B) He learned from that, I'm sure. So he didn't have a GPS to place his first hide, we're working on that too! A bit of tact is needed by more than just he is all I'm saying!

You guys realize this is a young man (says 18, but I would guess closer to 15 or so myself)

I was thinking more like 13, based upon syntax. That means, (if he's 18), he's either far too immature to deal with anything even remotely approaching reality, or he's a liar. You pick. It doesn't matter to me. I have no use for anyone from either category. While advocating patience is fine for someone who is physically and mentally capable of eventually learning how to communicate with humans in a public format, (say, someone who was 13 to 15 years old), patience is wasted on someone who is outside the learning curve or who is unwilling or unable to tell the truth.

Crab Soul, if you want to quit, then quit. There's no need for drama.

When I was 5 1/2, I told people I was 6. When I was 12 1/2, I told people I was a teen. When I was trying to get in the bar at age 17 (had a scraggly "beard" even then), I told people I was 21. B)

excuse me?

use of crude language has much more to do with a failure of manners than a belief in God. i suppose you also cut in lines and steal things because you are an atheist as well.

No??? where did you get that from?.. its more of the fact that they are just words... it has nothing to do with manners. they do not harm anyone. so it is not like a crime. if the whole world said them they wouldnt be bad now would they? Its not my belife in god. its my belife in a word being sacredly evil...

but i didnt come here to argue that point. it is what it is. they are just words... not curses...

Edited by Crab_Soul

it isn't really the grammar, or the ignorance. i think for most of us it's about the attitude.

here's my precis of the story:

i am going to be rude to people and then be insulted when they don't like me.

i will then start a lot of threads trying to get people to like me.

i'm still going to be rude.

WHY won't people like me?

i'm going to do something that goes against community standards.

do people like me yet?

ok, i'm quitting.

...NOW do you like me?

great im immature as hell.. but im 18..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=79806969

i wasnt trying to be rude in the first place! i WAS NOT RUDE! until some people decided to spark it off...

i was trying to convey ideas from my imagination... but NO..... i get howled at... so yea sure im a freakin victim!

hell all i said was i wanted to get an old cache out so i can put a cache in the storm drain underneath it! BOOM all of a sudden im a rude!??!?!?%?!#%!#%!#%! dont you freakin see this crap?

Edited by Crab_Soul

But the OP has been repeatedly instructed that he can't have a cache listed without finding the coordinates with a GPS unit (which he does not possess), has been repeatedly admonished about not complying with the forum guidelines, has repeatedly been encouraged to be sure that he reads and understands the Cache Listing Requirements, and yet he continues to call names, use inappropriate language, and not attempt to comply with the listing requirements.

He said that he is 18 years old but he continues to act in a juvenile manner. It's time to grow up and make at least a perfunctory attempt to adhere to the community guidelines. That's what adults do. He's not acting like an adult.

Im going to the half-mile area of drain on monday. Its about 5 ft high and wide. Its just so freakin cool! Mabey ill take a camera and post a vid on youtube.

It would be far better to stick to making sensical comments and not bring religion or such into the conversation. Also, since this IS a family friendly group, please refrain from using unfriendly words!!

As was said, you should read the guidelines before going to too much trouble on that drain pipe!! Truly, don't get too impatient here, you're going off half-cocked!! :mad: Take a bit of time, look around and think about some of your favorite places to visit. Surely there's a nice wooded section somewhere that could handle a nice sized container for trading! Do some research, ask questions if needed and try to listen and learn from what is told you!! Remember that most here will treat you the same as you treat them, so just tone it down and be respectful of everyone! and yes, telling people to shut up simply because you don't want to hear what their saying is rude! B)

they are just words... not curses...

"just words" have every potential of being offensive. of course there are no bad words, but only bad uses of words. crude language is often mistaken for showing off how relaxed or hip or grown-up you are, when it is really the mark of the coarse and unimaginative.

most societies (and this forum is a society) have some kind of standard with regard to what is acceptable language and what is not. failure to observe these standards will invariably be taken as a sign of disrespect and will place you very firmly on the outside of the society.

it should therefore come as no surprise to you that you have been treated as you have.

one of the reasons youth culture adopts coarse language is because they wish to shock their parents and their parents' friends. this is not news. it has been going on ever since there have been people. the problem is that then these words and phrases become so common as to lose all meaning and simply become tiresome. they no longer shock anyone, but instead make the user look, well, crude, unintelligent, unimaginative, and incapable of independent thought.

if you'd like to be seen that way, by all means, continue.

i know that i look stupid saying "freakin" all the time.

but really... look at the first post in this thread... is it rude at all? besides the everyone LOVES me part?

im just trying to sell my old cache box...

Why not stop the he said/she said and move on??

You know as well as everyone else that you're not going to get a cache published until you have a GPS. But you certainly can go out and explore, you can plan! Asking questions (nicely and maturely) is also welcome, please also think to maybe read the guidelines!!

great im immature as hell..

how immature, exactly is hell? as an atheist, i'm not sure to which concept of hell you susbscribe. what is it about hell that's immature? certainly not brimstone.

...as if a facebook page ever proved anything. are they now accepting facebook pages as proof of age?

i wasnt trying to be rude in the first place!

maye so, but it's amazing how stunningly rude it is possible to be without trying to do so. one way to be very, very rude is to barge into a community and throw yourself around without bothering to find out waht the accepted manners are.

all i said was i wanted to get an old cache out so i can put a cache in the storm drain underneath it!

one thing that's considered to be the very height of rudeness in this community is attempting to archive existing caches in order to place one of one's own. there's a set of manners and procedures that goes along with such an action, and had you bothered to find out what they were you might have accomplished what you set out to do.

BOOM all of a sudden im a rude!??!?!?%?!#%!#%!#%! dont you freakin see this crap?

where is this "crap?" did somebody not let the dog out in time?

great im immature as hell..

how immature, exactly is hell? as an atheist, i'm not sure to which concept of hell you susbscribe. what is it about hell that's immature? certainly not brimstone.

...as if a facebook page ever proved anything. are they now accepting facebook pages as proof of age?

i wasnt trying to be rude in the first place!

maye so, but it's amazing how stunningly rude it is possible to be without trying to do so. one way to be very, very rude is to barge into a community and throw yourself around without bothering to find out waht the accepted manners are.

all i said was i wanted to get an old cache out so i can put a cache in the storm drain underneath it!

one thing that's considered to be the very height of rudeness in this community is attempting to archive existing caches in order to place one of one's own. there's a set of manners and procedures that goes along with such an action, and had you bothered to find out what they were you might have accomplished what you set out to do.

BOOM all of a sudden im a rude!??!?!?%?!#%!#%!#%! dont you freakin see this crap?

where is this "crap?" did somebody not let the dog out in time?

And this is helping...how? We're past this I think, why not let it die and move on?

I have offered to send him a GPS, so that's one hurdle down should he take me up on this.

Nice troll btw B)

Nooooo, don't use the T word! Your implication that someone who makes a ton of posts that stir people up might be doing so on purpose is a deadly insult and shows that you are an elitist who only cares about the numbers and wants to drive all newbies away from the game!

But honestly, I don't think Crab Soul is a troll.

Nice troll btw B)

Nooooo, don't use the T word! Your implication that someone who makes a ton of posts that stir people up might be doing so on purpose is a deadly insult and shows that you are an elitist who only cares about the numbers and wants to drive all newbies away from the game!

But honestly, I don't think Crab Soul is a troll.

Correct, he is just bursting with youthful over exuberance and lacks the skills to rein it in.

--------------

How many of us went off half cocked when we where young? If you say "Not Me" just remember Clan Riffster will have no use for you. :mad:

If he wants to leave because he finds geocaching is not for him that's fine but it is never good when somebody leaves an activity because people with are superiority complex drive them away rather than using that supposed superiority in a constructive manor to guide. I hope he can see that he is welcome to stay and if he does that will be great but I would really hate it if all the immaturity flying at him drove his immaturity to get revenge and he became a cachemaggot.

Helping to create a cachemaggot is just as bad as being one.

I think we need a poll... About crab soul...And if hes a troll...Or just an *******. He wants a grounded electrical outlet under a bridge and hes got a rather large cache box as big as a fridge. He hid his first cache in a sprinkler up in a tree. How the muggles found it beats the hell out of me. etc etc etc. B):mad:;)

Best thread ever ;)

Crab, while I agree that some people were a little bit harsh, you must understand how you seemed from an in-group perspective.

Imagine walking into a different culture and, because you're not a part of the culture, you make a few mistakes. Some people try and help you, and some will insult you. That's just life, that'll happen whenever you become immersed in something new.

But where you went wrong is insulting people back. This is THEIR 'territory', they're the in-group, and you're part of the out-group. In order to have people not insult you, you have to learn more before opening your mouth. Otherwise, you become the ignorant tourist. When you learn the customs and ways of the in-group, then you can become more bold, but you can't do it right off the bat.

Why don't you find more caches? And when you get to 100 (which seems like a lot at first but they will quickly accumulate) and then you can understand how the geocaching community works better, and less people will be mean, more people will be helpful.

But are you really the same age as I am?

~~

Also, please please please don't put a cache under a bridge:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe...omb&spell=1

It's a google search for geocache mistaken for bomb and turns up LOTS of results. It gives us a bad name and may eventually spoil the fun for everyone if legislation gets put in place regarding geocaching.

But, I would love to see pictures of the cache you came up with, it sounds cool.

I'm starting to wonder who the child is here, some of you seem to be immature yourselves! I like to think of these forums as a community of cachers, not a pack of school bullies, what's the matter with you all? You guys realize this is a young man (says 18, but I would guess closer to 15 or so myself), maybe being a little bit more patient and helpful would be in order?

Crab Soul, sorry you had a bumpy start, but I might say, these forums have very little to do with the caching world! I wouldn't stop caching, just stop visiting here! Truly, just forget their actions and don't let it ruin your excitement! If you're still in need of a GPS, I might be able to help you there, give me a yell if you're interested!

Some of your comments were a bit off-the-wall, but not much worse than some others here, must be some feel the need to pick. Good luck, and I hope you do stick around and enjoy the activity even if some of the forums people can be less than friendly! And, if you have questions, please feel free to email me!

I agree with you Roddy... grow up people. You have made all cachers look like jerks!

I am sure some of you out there are parents... how would you like someone to talk to your son the way you have been talking to crab??? B)

If you can not help someone improve what they have done wrong, why not just keep your negative comments to yourself? It is very simple really. Not everyone in this world has great spelling and grammar skills so why do you feel the need to ridicule someone for it.

Crab... I don't blame you for not wanting to continue in these forums (I wouldn't want to either if I was attack in this manner) but take some more time to improve your abilities and I think that you will enjoy caching much more! By the way... we are not all as bad as some of these posters have portrayed us to be! :mad:

best wishes!

I agree with you Roddy... grow up people. You have made all cachers look like jerks!

I am sure some of you out there are parents... how would you like someone to talk to your son the way you have been talking to crab??? :mad:

If you can not help someone improve what they have done wrong, why not just keep your negative comments to yourself? It is very simple really. Not everyone in this world has great spelling and grammar skills so why do you feel the need to ridicule someone for it.

Crab... I don't blame you for not wanting to continue in these forums (I wouldn't want to either if I was attack in this manner) but take some more time to improve your abilities and I think that you will enjoy caching much more! By the way... we are not all as bad as some of these posters have portrayed us to be! :o

best wishes!

I think the reactions to Crab Soul have been pretty consistent with the reactions to previous posters who have dropped by and ruffled a few feathers by dropping a bunch of silly bombs. I have to agree that it would be a good thing to invest a little time to understand the community before posting and creating a bunch of (inane) topics. Anyone who is in any way savvy to the ways, means and methods of internet forums (especially this one) should be able to easily understand this.

If someone only wants to create friction or have their own way there is little anyone can do in a short period to change that person's opinion.

Hopefully CS will decide this is a fun and worthwhile game and will contribute for some time.

I am sure some of you out there are parents... how would you like someone to talk to your son the way you have been talking to crab??? :mad:

Crab... I don't blame you for not wanting to continue in these forums (I wouldn't want to either if I was attack in this manner) but take some more time to improve your abilities and I think that you will enjoy caching much more! By the way... we are not all as bad as some of these posters have portrayed us to be! :o

best wishes!

OMG, are you SERIOUS? THIS has to be another trolling post right?

1- Yes, I am a parent. If my son ever acted like this in public (and this is a public place) I would bust his (backside) and make him perform all kinds of manual labor projects while being grounded for the next month or so.

2- you are not defending someone with poor vocabulary, you defending a child who is refusing to use the proper vocabulary, syntax or spelling that our tax dollars are paying for from his school.

3- If anyone takes the attitude towards geocaching as Crab Soul has towards this forum, it would be a sad, sad day.

4- Many, Many people have tried to help this kid out, and he has bitten the hands that try to feeed him. What else do you expect? Yeah, I want to see lots more from this 12 year old saying "MEOW" and "SHUTZ UPZ"

I'm done. You want him, you talk responsibility for him. I personally think he deserves a couple weeks of "time out".

Edited by mtn-man

best wishes!

1- Yes, I am a parent. If my son ever acted like this in public (and this is a public place) I would bust his a** and make him perform all kinds of manual labor projects while being grounded for the next month or so.

2- you are not defending someone with poor vocabulary, you defending a child who is refusing to use the proper vocabulary, syntax or spelling that our tax dollars are paying for from his school.

3- If anyone takes the attitude towards geocaching as Crab Soul has towards this forum, it would be a sad, sad day.

4- Many, Many people have tried to help this kid out, and he has bitten the hands that try to feeed him. What else do you expect? Yeah, I want to see lots more from this 12 year old saying "MEOW" and "SHUTZ UPZ"

I'm done. You want him, you talk responsibility for him. I personally think he deserves a couple weeks of "time out".

I think Crab knows what he is doing. He is a bright fellow. He needs to be willing to learn the game and figure out how to play within the current rules before trying to expand them.

Crab, find a bunch of caches and then hide a few.

Oh, and figure out how to communicate with your peers. And that means the people who participate in any given internet forum. Around here we don't tend to appreciate slang and other current non-English vernacular. Use real words and you will stand a far better chance of being treated with the respect and consideration you seek.

Whatever you think meow and shutz upz mean, they mean absolutely nothing to me. And they make you seem like someone who is not worthy of a rational and reasoned response.

This is the most entertaining thread since the one where the cache maggot poser from Tampa, who was on house arrest and living vicariously through his computer said he was gonna go out and take a dump in a cache. :mad::o:wub::D

Crabby person,

I'm going to give you the same advice I gave a 15 year old kid on Poker Palace. Your attention seeking behavior has become tiresome. No one here really dislikes you that I can tell. :mellow:

Geocachers are some pretty cool and very forgiving people. Participate in your local geo-community's forum and get to know the locals. There's no need to quit. You probably won't anyway if you really like it. The locals will probably warn you to steer clear of here anyway and there is probably a local or regional forum you can join to talk with folks you KNOW. It's harder to flame folks that you might run into on the trail or more likely at an event. :):anibad:

Edited by Snoogans

best wishes!

1- Yes, I am a parent. If my son ever acted like this in public (and this is a public place) I would bust his (backside) and make him perform all kinds of manual labor projects while being grounded for the next month or so.

I too saw a bunch of helpful posts...intermingled with slams and jabs. The kid might not be acting as we'd like, but most of you sure didn't help, instead you simply stooped down to his level and acted as immature as he is....and you think this makes you look any better? I'm not condoning Crab Soul's attitude, but I also can't condone many other posters' actions.

And just what attitude are you so worried about that it would be a sad sad day? The fact that the kid was excited about something? Yeah, we'd better squash that right away. I wouldn't want a kid to be excited about something, might actually get them motivated! Truly, if you were worried about his attitude before you all started poking fun, slamming and abusing the kid, you should stop and think what kind of attitude your reactions could produce.

Could be you didn't spend much time with your teen if you have never seen this kind of attitude, kids have thier own "language" and sometimes need to be reminded who they're talking with (politely is often times the best way, publical embarassment and belittling usually isn't helpful). Must be you've never been around a kid who was not given much attention when growing up (my son is the perfect example...his blood parents all but abandoned him...it was a struggle to get his attitude adjusted, but love and patience has truly paid off). Obviously, you have little patience and are quick to judge by a few posts! Your attitude scares me more than Crab Soul's!

In a perfect world, this kind of attitude wouldn't exist, but the world isn't perfect and we do have these issues from time to time! We can simply act in kind or show patience and be helpful!

And yes Snoogans, I think this is an attention getting attempt. With the few PMs I have shared with crab soul, I feel he's figured it out! Maybe we'll see a better interaction in the near future should crab soul wish to return.

I'm going to give you the same advice I gave a 15 year old kid on Poker Palace. Your attention seeking behavior has become tiresome. No one here really dislikes you that I can tell. :mad:

Excellent advice!

I am sure some of you out there are parents... how would you like someone to talk to your son the way you have been talking to crab??? :o

If my son has talked like this guy has, especially if it's documented and can be verified, then I would talk to him worse. Of course, I like to think that I'd be able to raise him so he would never do this.

Also, many people (including myself) did try to give him advice. I don't believe he chose to take it.

And just what attitude are you so worried about that it would be a sad sad day? The fact that the kid was excited about something? Yeah, we'd better squash that right away. I wouldn't want a kid to be excited about something, might actually get them motivated! Truly, if you were worried about his attitude before you all started poking fun, slamming and abusing the kid, you should stop and think what kind of attitude your reactions could produce.

Could be you didn't spend much time with your teen if you have never seen this kind of attitude, kids have thier own "language" and sometimes need to be reminded who they're talking with (politely is often times the best way, publical embarassment and belittling usually isn't helpful). Must be you've never been around a kid who was not given much attention when growing up (my son is the perfect example...his blood parents all but abandoned him...it was a struggle to get his attitude adjusted, but love and patience has truly paid off). Obviously, you have little patience and are quick to judge by a few posts! Your attitude scares me more than Crab Soul's!

He's more than welcome to be excited. And I'm very much aware that each generation of teens develops their own language (the interesting thing is that every generation thinks this is unique). This is acceptable when he's communicating with his own kind, but not with others. If I were to try and excitedly join an existing biking group what would the reaction be? (BTW - I used to ride regularly before selling my bike when my son was born) What if I spoke entirely in foreign slang and kept trying to do things that are verboten with the group and/or local laws? And what if, after people started to correct me (some politely, some insultingly), I reacted by insulting everyone, yelling loudly, using foul language, and threatening to quit? Would you PM me and try to get me to stick around?

I personally believe that this is the first internet forum he participated in where all the other participants weren't his age. So he jumps in and starts treating us as if we're teens, which offended quite a few people. Suggestions that he tone it down were met with insults and name calling. If he didn't know he was communicating with adults, well, now he knows and maybe he'll fix the problem. If this is the way he always communicates with adults then he's going to have a hard life.

Grammar and spelling: I make typos and gramatical errors myself. Everyone does, and I rarely comment. But a fairly significant part of the problem here is that people misunderstood what CS was trying to say. Mainly because of the bad grammar and spelling. Again, this is acceptable when trying to communicate with his kind, but not with adults.

Finally, those of you who were offended by the geocaching community's reaction should spend some time in unmoderated internet forums. You would see that the reactions here were actually quite tame.

Edited by J-Way