Geo Coins

redjada

Being new to this, I was wondering what I do if I find a cache that has a geo coin in it. Im planing on some hunting this weekend and one has a coin in it as well as a travel bug. I know what to do with the travel bug. But what about the geo coin?

Unless its unactivated, you treat it like a travel bug.

If its unactivated, you can treat it like a trade item. (unactivated coins are rare, and usually only left as rewards for FTFers).

Being new to this, I was wondering what I do if I find a cache that has a geo coin in it. Im planing on some hunting this weekend and one has a coin in it as well as a travel bug. I know what to do with the travel bug. But what about the geo coin?

Unless its unactivated, you treat it like a travel bug.

If its unactivated, you can treat it like a trade item. (unactivated coins are rare, and usually only left as rewards for FTFers).

Ok, how do I know its its activated or not?

Well if the coin is listed in the inventory on the cache page then it's been activated already. If you find a coin that wasn't listed in the inventory it may be unactivated or, perhaps more likely, the person who dropped it just forgot to log it in. I assume if the coin is unactivated and you try plugging the tracking number into gc.com you'll get some kind of error message.

Well if the coin is listed in the inventory on the cache page then it's been activated already. If you find a coin that wasn't listed in the inventory it may be unactivated or, perhaps more likely, the person who dropped it just forgot to log it in. I assume if the coin is unactivated and you try plugging the tracking number into gc.com you'll get some kind of error message.

Sorry everyone. But. How would I (just in case) log in a coin? And would there be any reason not to activate a coin.