Fire appeal Geocoin

JABs

Teamgotcha is looking to raise some money for the victims of the bushfires in Victoria.

If we could gain enough interest, we could get a geocoin minted with all proceeds going the bushfire appeal or directly to areas of need. If anyone else is doing this, then please message me and I'll help move the coins through the store.

I'd need to pre-sell 250 coins to get the ball rolling on this one. Coins would be priced at $16.95 with all proceeds (minus the manufacturing cost) going to the appeal. I'm hoping to get some sponsorship from the manufacturer on this one to minimise the costs.

The coins would of course be trackable, and artwork is open to discussion, but the sooner we get this out the better.

Any interest out there? Please reply in this post.

Hi JABs, I am from Canada, recently moved to Australia. I have to say that I'm loving it and I feel very strongly the tragedy that has happened here in Australia. I am amazed at the outpouring of support both in money and in goods that have been collected to send to people that have lost homes and loved ones to these fires.

Being that we recently moved here, we have not very much to give but chose to spend our Saturday sorting toys with our Scout group. We filled a truck after just 2 hours and that was a quarter of what was actually brought in. Not only were they toys but love and prayers as well. There were many well loved toys with notes attached and one child sent his beloved collection of yugi-oh cards. The choices that these children have made reflects the general atmosphere here and everyone wants to help out in what little ways they can.

Thanks JABs, for your contribution and please, count me in for at least two :D

Wow, this is great! I hope you get permission!

What would shipping cost to Switzerland be? Would it maybe be possible that if shipping costs are too expensive that I buy a coin (or more than one), you give me activation code that it shows up in my inventory and then put it in a cache for me?

That is a great idear. Would be more then happy to do that.

DSE are taking care of copyright for the photograph, they've even set up a special email address to review each request on a case by case basis. On the plus side, Oak coins have come back to me and given a huge discount and so have the manufacturer. Oak are contacting GS on our behalf to have the tracking fees lowered/dropped. This is still going ahead, with or without Sam on the front.. er.. can I mention Sam, or is that against copyright.

Contact for more details.

We now have pre-approval from DSE to use the image. Preorder will open officially this weekend, so I'll be contacting everyone who made a pledge and asking them to come good! This coin is really happening (It looks like it anyway!) Stay posted.

Here's the final artwork (Until the manufacturers says otherwise, or if DSE pre-approval falls through).

I'm going to try and have the coin minted in Gold and Nickel, and initially we'll be perchasing half and half of each. (Unless there are too many compaints.)

coindetail.png

Details of where to send orders will be listed here soon.

Thanks for all who showen an interest in this coin.

We now have pre-approval from DSE to use the image. Preorder will open officially this weekend, so I'll be contacting everyone who made a pledge and asking them to come good! This coin is really happening (It looks like it anyway!) Stay posted.

Here's the final artwork (Until the manufacturers says otherwise, or if DSE pre-approval falls through).

I'm going to try and have the coin minted in Gold and Nickel, and initially we'll be perchasing half and half of each. (Unless there are too many compaints.)

coindetail.png

Will they be pollished, or some other finish...I feel that pollished does not work well on a coin with so much metal surface. I think satin would last better.

We now have pre-approval from DSE to use the image. Preorder will open officially this weekend, so I'll be contacting everyone who made a pledge and asking them to come good!

Go ahead and add my name to the list. I've made some long distance friends through the Geocaching Australia site and one of them is a volunteer firefighter. He recently wrote about the fires and their devastating effects. We also had an intern at work, Lauren , who was in the states to attend college and has since returned home to Australia. The coin is a wonderful idea to raise a little money for the cause.

coindetail.png

Will they be pollished, or some other finish...I feel that pollished does not work well on a coin with so much metal surface. I think satin would last better.

awesome! Good on ya! :o

I can't wait for that invoice...in AUD for a change!