live.geocaching.com - Beta

Bryan

Team TOF (trackonfly) is spending today geocaching in Germany. You can follow their adventure here:

http://live.geocaching.com

Geocaching Live is a new Groundspeak beta project focused on real-time social interactions among geocachers. While geocaching outdoors you can post logs, images and video related to your current geocaching adventure for others to see in real-time! More information will be coming soon...

Could be interesting.

Looks like they were stuck, I can see where it might be handy, having yet another way to communicate that.

13.02. 21:07 We are now safe and having beer. Thanks to Andreas, Oliwer and Peter for towing us out. What a relief.
A question. The info at the bottom of the page says
The current beta version of the client runs on these phones - more supported phones and platforms will emerge soon.
What are the phones, I don't see them listed there?

Cool. I see lots of potential for "on our way to Geowoodstock" trips this summer.

Zooming way out, I see several other people in Finland. However, when I try to pan over to them, the map snaps back to Team TOF's position after a few seconds. Is this by design?

btw, I'm running Firefox 3.0.6 on Ubuntu 8.04, in case you need to know.

Zooming way out, I see several other people in Finland. However, when I try to pan over to them, the map snaps back to Team TOF's position after a few seconds. Is this by design?

under the map you can find a Stop button, after pressing it you can zoom out and move the map without it snapping back to tema tof.

by double clicking a user name set follow to that user...

-Joorz-

Cool. I see lots of potential for "on our way to Geowoodstock" trips this summer.

That would be really cool. One could follow lots of different cachers converging on Bell Buckle, TN. It would be a really nice feature for the iPhone geogaching app. Anytme you were out geocaching you see who else was geocaching (that had a supported device ) in the area and meet some new geocachers.

Some my find being someone else to see where you are geocaching kind of scary, especially if you've the latest Wired magazine article on GPS tracking.