Creative Micro Placements

Zac Young

What are some creative ways to place micro caches?

I know there are a lot of micros in trees and under trees and nanos on poles, etcetera, etcetera. But, what are some really creative ways to place a micro to put a little twist on it, perhaps make it more fun?

Hide it inside an Ammo Can :)

Fill the micros with grocery bags, adhere a CITO sticker on the side, then place them in your ammo can. :laughing:

I've seen lots of creative micros.

- bison tube epoxied to the end of a bolt

- narrow tube inside a hollow piece of bark, hanging in a tree

- bison glued to hollowed-out inside of a pinecone

- micro behind a fake electric faceplate

- bison epoxied inside fence post cap

- slim bob behind a sign on a metal post, where you had to rotate the sign to the side to get it out

- fake electrical pipe on a telephone pole with other pipes

- a hole drilled in a rock with a micro inside, then placed with a pile of other rocks

- tiny clear tube glued to a clothes pin, clipped to a tree limb

- bison with fishing line attached, down inside a hollow tree

- hollowed out bolt with log inside, on a wooden post

- micro with fake ivy glued to it, hidden on a fence with real ivy

- clear tube glued inside a hollow stick

- a log cut in half with a hole drilled inside, then put back together, which swiveled open to reveal the micro

- oh and once we even found a film cannister hidden under a lamp post skirt in a parking lot! :)

Edited by TeamAtlas

I know there are a lot of micros in trees and under trees and nanos on poles, etcetera, etcetera. But, what are some really creative ways to place a micro to put a little twist on it, perhaps make it more fun?

Doesn't Calgary have enough micros already? OK, I'm just kidding, I'll give a serious answer: how about anything suspended by fishing line? (that's not in plain sight, of course).

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Hide it inside an Ammo Can :laughing:

Fill the micros with grocery bags, adhere a CITO sticker on the side, then place them in your ammo can. :laughing:

LOL, what a waste of an ammo can though :laughing:

- slim bob behind a sign on a metal post, where you had to rotate the sign to the side to get it out

- a hole drilled in a rock with a micro inside, then placed with a pile of other rocks

- a log cut in half with a hole drilled inside, then put back together, which swiveled open to reveal the micro

- oh and once we even found a film cannister hidden under a lamp post skirt in a parking lot! :)

Thanks for the very lengthy list! I'm sure I can find something there that my area does not have! xD

Doesn't Calgary have enough micros already? OK, I'm just kidding, I'll give a serious answer: how about anything suspended by fishing line? (that's not in plain sight, of course).

Thanks for the idea! LOL, Calgary does have too many micros. I did 10 caches yesterday and 7 of them were micros. I would like to install creative ones, though. I'm using one for a puzzle cache as a first part, not just a traditional micro so I won't add to the erroneous amount of micros in the city :laughing:

LOL, what a waste of an ammo can though :laughing:

Thanks for the very lengthy list! I'm sure I can find something there that my area does not have! xD

Thanks for the idea! LOL, Calgary does have too many micros. I did 10 caches yesterday and 7 of them were micros. I would like to install creative ones, though. I'm using one for a puzzle cache as a first part, not just a traditional micro so I won't add to the erroneous amount of micros in the city :laughing:

To expand on TheWhiteUrkels suggestion, how about inside a foam bobber dangling from a tree above a body of water in plane sight.

:laughing: The coolest one I ever saw was in a hollow in the back of a real paper wasp's nest that had tiny magnets holding it to the inside of a metal buildingt.

I hate to give out my secret, but this is what I am working on. I bought 5 steel animal leg traps off of E-bay. I am going to set the traps and then weld them open so they can not close (would not be good). Then I am going to place a film canister on the "trip plate". They should make for some interesting logs. Thanks - CachinSpree