Code 3 Geocoin - Icon in Profile

Bo.T.L.

Hi,

I won on eBay auction three Code 3 Geocoins Code 3 Geocoin (Antique Gold Edition, Antique Silver Edition and Artist Edition) and activated them. Antique Gold and Silver have in my Profile correct Name and Icon, but Artist Edition is classified as Personal Geocoin without own Icon.

Where is the problem?

Thanks for your advice.

Bo.T.L.

Czech Geocacher

Hi,

I won on eBay auction three Code 3 Geocoins Code 3 Geocoin (Antique Gold Edition, Antique Silver Edition and Artist Edition) and activated them. Antique Gold and Silver have in my Profile correct Name and Icon, but Artist Edition is classified as Personal Geocoin without own Icon.

Where is the problem?

Thanks for your advice.

Bo.T.L.

Czech Geocacher

Your best bet would probably be to contact Odyssey Voyager or Shades of Gray. Or you can try the minter, Rusty at www.personalgeocoins.com.

Hi,

Where is the problem?

Thanks for your advice.

Bo.T.L.

Czech Geocacher

It's possible that the regular editions were part of the group of codes specific to that design while the AEs may have been made later or as an afterthought using a portion of codes for non-specific personal coins. Are the prefix letters the same on all 3?

It's possible that the regular editions were part of the group of codes specific to that design while the AEs may have been made later or as an afterthought using a portion of codes for non-specific personal coins. Are the prefix letters the same on all 3?

Yes.

All geocoins have the same prefix PC...

Yes.

All geocoins have the same prefix PC...

Well as far as I know "PC" as a prefix is the generic prefix for all Personal Coins. So the scenario I mentioned could definitely be the culprit. I'll ask around a bit.

I'll tell you what I think. The icon is 23.gif. That's the generic icon that is assigned to all geocoins until the proper icon is loaded into the system. I just noticed the other day that two of The Geocoin Store new releases have 23.gif, instead of their custom icon. I would bet that's the case, since the AE Code 3 geocoin is the newest one, made long after the other versions.

TMA

I'll tell you what I think. The icon is 23.gif. That's the generic icon that is assigned to all geocoins until the proper icon is loaded into the system. I just noticed the other day that two of The Geocoin Store new releases have 23.gif, instead of their custom icon. I would bet that's the case, since the AE Code 3 geocoin is the newest one, made long after the other versions.

TMA

Hi Pete,

Something has changed. I think a problem is solved. All Code 3 geocoins have the same Name and Icon. Look at: Bo.T.L.'s Code 3 Geocoins

I asked for help eBay seller and his answer was:

thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. i am getting this problem corrected. your geocoin should have the correct icon and name very soon.

I'm very pleased.