Help me find a geocoin to buy for my dog?

ChicagoCanineCrew

This may be an odd request... My previous dog Ginger had her own travelbug. I used it to keep track of which caches she had visited. I want to get my current dog a geocoin for the same purpose. I am hoping someone can help me find a nice pretty geocoin that I can attach to her collar. I know I could have one custom made but that would be too expensive for me. :)

What I'm looking for:

-It needs to have a hole so I can put in on a splint ring and hook it to her collar.

-I would prefer one that is either a pet-themed image (or a wolf!), a pawprint, or some type of pretty design (for example I've seen a nice one that was a celtic cross--but no hole for a ring.)

-If it is a pet-themed one I would prefer it not be an image of a dog unless it is a German Shepherd (her breed) or a silhouette that looks like it could possibly be a Shepherd. For example I saw one with a picture of a pug, and another with a goofy looking cartoonish dog- not what I am looking for.

-If it has a cacher's name I am looking for one that just sounds like an interesting phrase or where the name is very small or short. An event or group's name is fine though.

-I want one that is not already activated but can be activated/tracked on the website.

Edited by ChicagoCanineCrew

This may be an odd request... My previous dog Ginger had her own travelbug. I used it to keep track of which caches she had visited. I want to get my current dog a geocoin for the same purpose. I am hoping someone can help me find a nice pretty geocoin that I can attach to her collar. I know I could have one custom made but that would be too expensive for me. :)

What I'm looking for:

-It needs to have a hole so I can put in on a splint ring and hook it to her collar.

-I would prefer one that is either a pet-themed image (or a wolf!), a pawprint, or some type of pretty design (for example I've seen a nice one that was a celtic cross--but no hole for a ring.)

-If it is a pet-themed one I would prefer it not be an image of a dog unless it is a German Shepherd (her breed) or a silhouette that looks like it could possibly be a Shepherd. For example I saw one with a picture of a pug, and another with a goofy looking cartoonish dog- not what I am looking for.

-If it has a cacher's name I am looking for one that just sounds like an interesting phrase or where the name is very small or short. An event or group's name is fine though.

-I want one that is not already activated but can be activated/tracked on the website.

The Raith Gras coin is a celtic-type cross and has a ring at the top; it's a fairly big coin, but it might work. You can see one on my trades page.

The Lemon Fresh bone also, I think, has a hole for a split ring or ring so that it can be worn on a dog's collar (if I am not mistaken). I don't have one of those to show you; however, if you search the forum for "lemon fresh bone", you should find the link.

Maybe Pug Geocoin from Geoswag.com Geocoins at Geoswag.

But Geocoin Sold out I think.

Try to find on Geocoin Collection WebSite

What I'm looking for:

Does it need to have a die-cast hole or would a good coin that is drilled carefully work? There are quite a few I can picture in my mind that might work well. I'm pretty sure there's a Sheperd coin, too, but can't recall the name of it and I recall a wolf coin in my collection that maybe Varsfeld made? Is size an issue to you at all?

edit to add: Found some... SnowWolf, Timberwolf, Timberwolf II and our own although it's a little further off base than the others I think.

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Does it need to have a die-cast hole or would a good coin that is drilled carefully work? There are quite a few I can picture in my mind that might work well. I'm pretty sure there's a Sheperd coin, too, but can't recall the name of it and I recall a wolf coin in my collection that maybe Varsfeld made? Is size an issue to you at all?

Yes a drilled coin could work if it was done carefully (if I could find someone who knew how to do that properly because I don't!) If you can find the Shepherd coin I would definitely like to see it! Size isn't really an issue because my dog is pretty big...

I found a really good one but it doesn't seem to be available:

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade...arget=ImgWindow

Give our GeoDog Geocoin trading list a look. Click on the names in our Keepers section to see a pic of the coin. I'm sure you'll see one you like.

Canine Cachers ver1 is a nice shepard coin although non-trackable.

I recommend the GeoDog coin, it has a hole and it says it all! You see it quite often on ebay.

Edited by PaRacers

I recommend the GeoDog coin, it has a hole and it says it all! You see it quite often on ebay.

Thanks for the link!

The GeoDog coin is PERFECT but I can't find it for sale and I don't have any coins to trade someone for it. :D

I also love the Canine Cachers v1 but again I am not sure how to find it without having anything for trade.

Thanks for the link!

The GeoDog coin is PERFECT but I can't find it for sale and I don't have any coins to trade someone for it. :D

I also love the Canine Cachers v1 but again I am not sure how to find it without having anything for trade.

You might have to go to the dark place...rhymes with sea-way.

This may be an odd request... My previous dog Ginger had her own travelbug. I used it to keep track of which caches she had visited. I want to get my current dog a geocoin for the same purpose. I am hoping someone can help me find a nice pretty geocoin that I can attach to her collar. I know I could have one custom made but that would be too expensive for me. <_<

What I'm looking for:

We ordered our Geo Dog Coin from Coins and pins, has the hole and a cartoon type dog on the face. Our Geodog wears it when on the trial hikeing and cacheing

How about one of these?

They are sold at geocoinshop.de... Some I even have left for traders... :(

Thanks for the link on those Tschakko! I was also looking for one for my cat and I think that cat one in the picture looks good for him...

Below is the dog coin I which someone posted a link to in this thread, I think this would be perfect for my German Shepherd.

Problem is I can't find it for sale anywhere! <_< I found someone who had it in their trade list on a geocoin trade site but they said they would ONLY trade it and I don't have any other coins so I can't trade them.

07GDAB.jpg

How about one of these?

They are sold at geocoinshop.de... Some I even have left for traders... :(

Thanks for the link on those Tschakko! I was also looking for one for my cat and I think that cat one in the picture looks good for him...

Below is the dog coin I which someone posted a link to in this thread, I think this would be perfect for my German Shepherd.

Problem is I can't find it for sale anywhere! <_< I found someone who had it in their trade list on a geocoin trade site but they said they would ONLY trade it and I don't have any other coins so I can't trade them.

07GDAB.jpg

Hi guys,

I've got a set of these coins and I'd be happy to send you an Antique Bronze coin to place on your dog's collar. Your geo-dog and mine can be long distance geodog buddies!! :D

Check out our Jasmine's Geodog page at TB1H64C

Send me your address and I'll get it out to you. :D

Hi guys,

I've got a set of these coins and I'd be happy to send you an Antique Bronze coin to place on your dog's collar. Your geo-dog and mine can be long distance geodog buddies!! :D

Check out our Jasmine's Geodog page at TB1H64C

Send me your address and I'll get it out to you. <_<

Thanks! That would be great. :( I'll send you a PM. Bianca is always looking for new pals!

I have a geodog coin that i made with a hole for people who wanted to put in on their dogs collar. It wasn't made for a little dog though :laughing: you can see pix of it here

http://sites.google.com/site/darkonyxdesigns/Home

I have some if you are interested in trading. :laughing:

Why wouldn't it work for a little dog? I would like a coin with a black cat and a little white dog... Maybe I will take you up on that offer for design help.