Seeking Geocach adventure Designer

Off the Beaten Trail

Four counties in East Central Colorado have a pilot heritage tourism project entitled Off the Beaten Trail. We are selecting eight historic sites to interpret and promote. We also want to develop a geocaching adventure that includes all eight sites...caches would be near the sites we are promoting and all sites would be accessible with either public or private landowner permission. There will be two sites in each county. Total square miles encompassed by our project is 8000. We have a small budget to contract with someone to design the adventure and get us going. Any interest from anyone? Check out some of our previous promotional work at www.ourjourney.com

Maybe post this on the geocaching coloado site...

Geocaching Colorado

I tried the geocaching site and either the site was down or the link was bad. Were you able to get on. Thanks for responding.

The link works fine for me; try it again. If it still doesn't work, just google... geocaching colorado

I think I was trying the wrong group...found it before I found Groundspeak, yesterday. I did get on while ago and now need to post a message for this project. Thanks so much. Jo

Four counties in East Central Colorado have a pilot heritage tourism project entitled Off the Beaten Trail. We are selecting eight historic sites to interpret and promote. We also want to develop a geocaching adventure that includes all eight sites...caches would be near the sites we are promoting and all sites would be accessible with either public or private landowner permission. There will be two sites in each county. Total square miles encompassed by our project is 8000. We have a small budget to contract with someone to design the adventure and get us going. Any interest from anyone? Check out some of our previous promotional work at www.ourjourney.com

This sounds like a fascinating project. My wife and I are in Denver, but she was born and raised in Fleming, as were both of her parents. They farmed in northeastern Colorado for more than 70 years (her mother was born and died in the house on their farm outside of Fleming), and this is exactly the sort of thing that would be of great interest to her. Last year her father was principally involved in a historical project for a memorial to the Daley School where he graduated. The area you are working on is a bit south of them, but with much the same heritage.

Unfortunately we are just raw beginners to geocaching, and as such may not be the best possible choice for such a project depending on just exactly what your ideas are, but I'm going to talk to her and see if she has any desire in getting involved. I'm retired with a part time job so I have some time available, but she still works full time in the real world.

I would be interested as well, and am currently available to dedicate time to setting up adventures. I have worked with many land managers in various Colorado counties already, and may be able to use my contact to further the project. Not sure what counties you're referring to. Feel free to contact me through my profile to discuss further.

In looking an my original post...there is no way that anyone could search the Our Journey site since I typed in the address wrong. So. www.ourjourney.info (rather than .com). If you know of anyone who might be interested in assisting us, could you have them contact me via email. jdowney-at-prairiedevelopment-dot-com Thanks, JD

FYI, you probably don't want to post your email address to internet forums. These forums are viewable by outside search engines, and spam spiders will see it. You'll get a zillion spam emails.

You have the ability to edit the email address out of that post, and also correct the web addres in the original post..