Highland Geofairy V2

Highland Geofairy

Thanks for all the emails, just to save me repeating myself over and over, this particular coin is primarily for Scottish Geocachers. None will be traded, none will be sold, well not by me anyways. A few will be gifted directly, the majority are to be placed into caches and I am hoping that many of those will be at the top of a Munro, Corbett or Graham, so the next to find will get a reward for the effort required to find a particular cache. For those that may not have seen it, I'll add the images below. Again, thanks for the interest, but please do not ask me for this coin, thank you.

f825741f-c4f0-4deb-9be3-9fca1138f23d.jpg6fd17965-180c-4d9f-bfba-e9f3af83b6b8.jpg

Of course it's a good reason to come and visit Scotland :D

Thanks for all the emails, just to save me repeating myself over and over, this particular coin is primarily for Scottish Geocachers. None will be traded, none will be sold, well not by me anyways. A few will be gifted directly, the majority are to be placed into caches and I am hoping that many of those will be at the top of a Munro, Corbett or Graham, so the next to find will get a reward for the effort required to find a particular cache. For those that may not have seen it, I'll add the images below. Again, thanks for the interest, but please do not ask me for this coin, thank you.

Well I wish I had been into geocaching in 1989, when I spent two weeks on a geology excursion from Univ. Hamburg traveling all the way up to Scourie More. Wonderful country you have there and even more so, very friendly people. I enjoyed my trip very much, actually had my very first salmon on that trip. Lovely coin as well. Maybe one day I will make it back over to Scottland.

Well, I will do so in August. We plan to stay in Scotland for 9 days and of course we will do some caching. I looked up several caches in Edinburgh and when we know the rest of the route I will look up others - I hope so much that I will find one of these beautiful coins!

WOW!!!! A beautiful geocoin!!!!! I love it!!!!!

I also love scotland, even if I haven't been there! Highlands!!!!

I wish one day to visit this place, but if I do that, I do not know if I will ever leave!!! :blink:

Exept the history, the castles, the ghost stories, Nessy and so many other things in Scotland that I love, I LOVE the Traditional Scotish music with the bugpipes!!!!

We have similarities with Scotland (We even have similar food - stufed lamp and we eat intestines.... :D )! We also have a similar bugpipe music organ, called Tsambouna, but the sound is not the same! there are some differencies in it....

Anyway... all Scots will understand that I am in their country!!! How? When your banknotes will start to dissapear!!!! :D Well... At least the cheap ones! :D

Lovely banknotes, great new series, but I just have one question.... 3 different banks printing different banknote series???? How you can recognize them???? :D

Just kiding!!! :ph34r:

My wife and I have been perpetually planning a trip to Scotland since we got married -- she wants to try and find Nessie, and I want to sample every Single Malt in the country. I've always wanted to bag a Munro too. But with three wee bairns, it looks like that trip will be sometime in the dim future.

Perhaps you should come visit NEW Scotland and hide a few here! :) None of our hills would even be a Graham though.

I feel so privilege to own one of these, coin number 17 had made it into one of my caches, i found it while i was checking that my caches were ok

here is a couple of pics of this stunning coin

SDC10337.jpg

&

SDC10338.jpg

This coin has made me smile so much its unreal, just shows what a little kindness does for people :)

I ordered a coin album today for my few coins, this one is my favourite and will take pride of place in the album

Many thanks yet again Highland Geofairy!!!

wwhhotttttt for every cacher who live in Scotland :);)

whhotttttt for every cacher who visit Scotland to cache ;):)

Whhottttttt for Highland geofairy who spread her dust in her homeland :ph34r::D

I think it is special the mysteriecoin only be spread in Scotland.

Because i believe you only will there nearby a rainbow find a pot off gold. :) and now also a special Scottish Mysteriecoin. :D

whhotttttt for every cacher who visit Scotland to cache :):)

We will visit Scotland in August and I am so terribly looking forward to it and of course I hope to find one of those gorgeous Fairies...

Be sure to let me know your plans and I will try to leave a coin at a suitable cache.

A map showing where coins have been placed into caches can be seen here.

whhotttttt for every cacher who visit Scotland to cache ;);)

We will visit Scotland in August and I am so terribly looking forward to it and of course I hope to find one of those gorgeous Fairies...

Be sure to let me know your plans and I will try to leave a coin at a suitable cache.

Wow, that's a word :) I will send you a PM!!! That's great :)

whhotttttt for every cacher who visit Scotland to cache :DB)

Wow, that's a word :rolleyes: I will send you a PM!!! That's great ;)

Hmm. Gotta remember to buy a lotto ticket tonight! :laughing:

Then I can cross THREE things off my bucket list:

1. single malt tour of Scotland

2. bag a Monro

3. find a Highland Geofairy coin!

Another 10 days till I'll be in your homeland, Highland Geofairy!

I'm so excited, I've never been to Scotland, but I believe, it's nice there.

So, any idea, where I might stumble over one of your precious coins? It would be the highlight of my holidays, if I could find it in a cache.

(As long, as I don't have to bring climbing gear, as I don't climb. Not on trees, not on rockfaces.... :D )

f825741f-c4f0-4deb-9be3-9fca1138f23d.jpg6fd17965-180c-4d9f-bfba-e9f3af83b6b8.jpg

Of course it's a good reason to come and visit Scotland :laughing:

Love the coin but cant get out of the states .............

Die Anita, I totally agree with you! Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday so much! My trip too Scotland was amazing too. Wonderfull landscapes, and beautiful dramatic skies. I forgot about the highland fairy as well while caching in Scotland :D

Like you, I didn't find a higland geofairy, but I already know I will be returning to Scotland next year to visit some more beautiful places and do a lot of hiking and caching! So may be next time ;-)

77868b20-a88b-4259-9422-9bd3566ea783.jpg

4d6de7a4-79ad-4f34-a505-7121f4a04cb3.jpg

9c17c408-5bdb-44ac-9160-617f7eddd596.jpg

6d941a4e-ed69-4bc2-b7af-df192a6bf6f0.jpg

9e9a6465-bc3e-4bd3-aea8-37b43b2caea8.jpg

Sorry for all the photos but it's just such a beautiful country :( I would recommend anyone to go caching in Scotland if you ever get the chance!!

Li-Z

good to hear you both enjoyed your visits to the highlands of scotland. for future visits dont forget to take a wander north of inverness as caithness and sutherland have some remote but very beautiful places to see. :D

Thanks for the tip! It will be hard choosing which parts to visit next time :(

Well, no Highland Geofairy Coin for me either, but then, as Anita, I didn't search that thoroughly.

We had a brilliant time up North!

Sorry paganfrog, we didn't make north of Inverness. I had only a week and so I squeezed as much in, as I could. But Loch Ness was the limit, I'm afraid.

You can read all about my trip here: Elli's ramblings

Start at: Out catching a glimpse of Nessie

Die Anita, I totally agree with you! Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday so much! My trip too Scotland was amazing too. Wonderfull landscapes, and beautiful dramatic skies. I forgot about the highland fairy as well while caching in Scotland :)

Like you, I didn't find a higland geofairy, but I already know I will be returning to Scotland next year to visit some more beautiful places and do a lot of hiking and caching! So may be next time ;-)

77868b20-a88b-4259-9422-9bd3566ea783.jpg

4d6de7a4-79ad-4f34-a505-7121f4a04cb3.jpg

9c17c408-5bdb-44ac-9160-617f7eddd596.jpg

6d941a4e-ed69-4bc2-b7af-df192a6bf6f0.jpg

9e9a6465-bc3e-4bd3-aea8-37b43b2caea8.jpg

Sorry for all the photos but it's just such a beautiful country :P I would recommend anyone to go caching in Scotland if you ever get the chance!!

Li-Z

Beautiful pics Li-Z! and you got to see a puffin too!

Well, no Highland Geofairy Coin for me either, but then, as Anita, I didn't search that thoroughly.

We had a brilliant time up North!

Sorry paganfrog, we didn't make north of Inverness. I had only a week and so I squeezed as much in, as I could. But Loch Ness was the limit, I'm afraid.

You can read all about my trip here: Elli's ramblings

Start at: Out catching a glimpse of Nessie

Wow, you've seen a lot in one week! And even a dutch windmill on the way back ;-)

Beautiful pictures :blink: I can imagine you had some DNF's near that river, the amount of water in it is very impressive!

Wow! I can't believe what I received today: a Highland Geofairy coin!!!!! ;):):rolleyes: I've been literally jumping up and down in the living room, my boyfriend not understanding at all what it was about untill he heard the word coin and scotland ;-) I love all fantasy creatures and of course I loved caching in Scotland as well. So these two combined makes a very special coin.

Highland Geofairy, thank you for making this beautiful coin and putting them in caches all around scotland! I hope this thread will encourage other people to visit Scotland someday and enjoy the amazing landscapes, trails and caches there. And maybe to find a highland geofairy as well :D

I'm already planning the next visit to Scotland and will make sure to bring some unactivated geocoins (sorry, no higland geofairie coins, but it's still good to find an unactivated coin as a surprise after a long search for the cache right?) to put in caches for the next finder when I'm there!

c9d71a60-15d0-4897-aa7c-d2b596be5f95.jpg

56904d60-fb9e-4049-9cb0-c4db6fec95a5.jpg