PN-40 Send to GPS is up.

benjamin921

Loaded my first cache straight from the cache page last night, it is quick and easy! You'll need to download the plugin, but it's so simple! The added bonus, the description comes out looking much more like the actual cache page, breaks between sentences, set up much better! I am really loving this!

Down side, I now have to remove all my caches and re-load them (or was the descrition change only for direct downloads??)!!

New to pn-40 (about to buy one with rebate).

Can you not use PQs on the pn? Do you have to load every cache one by one right now?

Thanks,

dc

YES!!! I loaded 2 PQs to my PN-40 with very little trouble at all! There's a step by step in the DeLorme forums, but it's truly easy!

When you have the PQ, unzip it and then, with the TOPO open in the background, drag the PQ to the maps and it'll load right to the maps without problem! from there, simply download (export) to GPS and you're golden!!

Mac is also supported now...as promised!! And yes, you can load the cache straight from the page!!

You can't take a gpx file from a PQ and do anything with the plugin (I'm expecting that Cache Register may have some kind of interface for multiple waypoint management). But you can preview a PQ and use the plugin icon at the end of the line in each record of the listing.

You can't take a gpx file from a PQ and do anything with the plugin (I'm expecting that Cache Register may have some kind of interface for multiple waypoint management). But you can preview a PQ and use the plugin icon at the end of the line in each record of the listing.

I agree. I expect that Cache Register will provide multiple caches to be downloaded to the PN-XXs as PQ now does, but in the same format as the new plug-in.

Now, I have no inside knowledge, but what else would one expect Cache Register to provide?

I believe that any caches you download through the plug-in will overwrite existing caches of the same gc number.

Wrong. I downloaded a cache using the plug-in and when I went to route to it I found that I already had the cache in there from my last TOPO7 load. They look a bit different and the hint on the plug-in is at the bottom after the logs. The hint on the TOPO7 loaded file is towards the top before the logs.

Another nice thing I noticed on the plug-in file is that a period in the cache title ( . ) looks normal and not like an underscore ( _ ) like they do when using the TOPO7 load.

Edited by KJcachers

Ok - I'm new to peperless caching but like this a lot. Dumping several at once would be nice, but doing 1 at a time isn't that bad at all. Would like a few more logs to transfer. BTW - I'm at +/- 12 feet in my house at my computer without WAAS. (still would like a WAAS lock)

EDIT - I love the cache names being shown

Edited by WatchDog2020

I believe that any caches you download through the plug-in will overwrite existing caches of the same gc number.

Wrong. I downloaded a cache using the plug-in and when I went to route to it I found that I already had the cache in there from my last TOPO7 load. They look a bit different and the hint on the plug-in is at the bottom after the logs. The hint on the TOPO7 loaded file is towards the top before the logs.

Another nice thing I noticed on the plug-in file is that a period in the cache title ( . ) looks normal and not like an underscore ( _ ) like they do when using the TOPO7 load.

Loading from T7 and Send to GPS are treated as different caches but if you Send to GPS a cache twice the prior cache will be overwritten. Note that if the cache was marked found it will be reset to not found.

Ok - I'm new to peperless caching but like this a lot. Dumping several at once would be nice, but doing 1 at a time isn't that bad at all. Would like a few more logs to transfer. BTW - I'm at +/- 12 feet in my house at my computer without WAAS. (still would like a WAAS lock)

Do a PQ, unzip the PQ, drag the PQ to the open TOPO 7 and instant load of up to 500, but not with the improved description display!

Do a PQ, unzip the PQ, drag the PQ to the open TOPO 7 and instant load of up to 500, but not with the improved description display!

Downloading multiple caches without going through Topo 7 and in the format of the Send to GPS plugin will be part of the Cache Register widget.

http://blog.delorme.com/