Erasing maps on memory card?

lock-n-load

I searched around but couldn't find any thing on this,so i thought I'd reach out to the experts.I just upgraded the memory card in my Garmin 60 Csx and i want to use the old card for my palm pda,so i wondering how to erase all the old maps on the card,so it empty.I tried on map source but i need to down load something new to erase the old.Any help will be appreciated...THANKS

I can think of three possible approaches.

If you have a flash card reader that accepts microsd cards or have an adapter, you can hook it up to your computer and simply delete the files.

Put the card back in your gps, connect the gps to your computer with the usb cable and finally place the gps into mass storage mode. It should appear as a drive on your computer and you should be able to delete the files.

Some devices, like digital cameras, have the ability to format a card. Perhaps your Palm device could do that for you.

Good luck.

I searched around but couldn't find any thing on this,so i thought I'd reach out to the experts.I just upgraded the memory card in my Garmin 60 Csx and i want to use the old card for my palm pda,so i wondering how to erase all the old maps on the card,so it empty.I tried on map source but i need to down load something new to erase the old.Any help will be appreciated...THANKS

Your Palm should be able to reformat the card. You should have a "Card Info" app on the Palm. There's a Format option on the menu. If the card is 2GB or less, you should have no problem. If it's an HC card (high capacity), you may need to do a custom formatting to change the sector sizes for it to work at maximum efficiency in the Palm. Otherwise, deleting files off the card will be very slow.

Your Palm should be able to reformat the card. You should have a "Card Info" app on the Palm. There's a Format option on the menu. If the card is 2GB or less, you should have no problem. If it's an HC card (high capacity), you may need to do a custom formatting to change the sector sizes for it to work at maximum efficiency in the Palm. Otherwise, deleting files off the card will be very slow.

Thanks for everyones input,yes the palm pda did format the card for me.Good as new.... THANKS AGAIN... :(

In the reverse...I'm upgrading my sd card in my gpsmap60csx. Do I need to do anything special for the card I'm getting before I stick it in the gps?

You can copy the old data onto the new card, to avoid having to reload from MapSource. I did this when I went from a 1GB to a 2GB card. Just created a folder on my PC, plugged the card into the reader slot (using the adapter), and copied the entire card to the folder. Then reverse the process with the new card, and it's ready to go.