ACTIVATION CODES....

GATOULIS

Hello to all!

I would like to ask something....

Well, if a coin that is activated is adopted to you, you only know the tracking number... right?

If you want to keep in the coin's info the activation code too... can you go to the company that the coin was made, put the tracing number and find the code?

If that happens... is the code going to be the real one, of an other new???

Thank you!!! :(

Hello to all!

I would like to ask something....

Well, if a coin that is activated is adopted to you, you only know the tracking number... right?

If you want to keep in the coin's info the activation code too... can you go to the company that the coin was made, put the tracing number and find the code?

If that happens... is the code going to be the real one, of an other new???

Thank you!!! :(

Seems to me that once a geocoin is activated, the activation code becomes pointless and useless. The coin now belongs to whomever activated it and they are the only ones who can transfer ownership. It's all electronic in the geocaching.com servers.

But I keep all my activation codes in a spreadsheet, and if I ever transfer ownership of one of my coins, the new owner will get the activation code.

Depending on the hosting site only the original email address can be used to pull the activation code again. That means if you buy a coin and pull the activation code and lose it you can try to pull it again but only from the email address you used to pull it the first time. If you buy a coin that already has had its code pulled you will not be able to pull it without assistance from the hosting site personnel.

Activation codes are handy to have even after the coin's been activated. You can change the coin's origin for one but not much else by re-activating it.