Neptunes Compass

tsunrisebey

You know I realized that I hadn't posted here publicly to support you tsun...so I thought I would send my next comment about Neptune out on to the forums! lol!

I really like the copper one but somehow the "algae version" has a nice look to it too...gotta love my green!

Great job! Can't wait for the sale!

You know I realized that I hadn't posted here publicly to support you tsun...so I thought I would send my next comment about Neptune out on to the forums! lol!

I really like the copper one but somehow the "algae version" has a nice look to it too...gotta love my green!

LMAO! So I guess the official name of 1 of the coins is Neptunes Compass Algae Version :D

Just a quick note. I got a call from UPS today and they had my samples in (ET Oceania also), since they don't deliver out in my area on weekends, I said I'd come pick them up since I had to go watch my nephew at his wrestling meet (he's 6). I grabbed the package and hauled in the small sample box with me into the meet.

I opened these coins in front of my parents and my sis-in-law. My family is used to my animal coins and as I opened each little bubble package and pulled these out, we all sat there with our mouths open. My dad who usually just looks at my stuff and say's that's nice (lol), plucked this one out of my mom's hand. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes and my family was actually just about drooling over these. The 3D under the translucent is amazing, Neptune is so life-like and realistic, it's almost creepy, lol. I have to say that the factory did an amazing job on these coins and the blue/satin nickel and aqua/antique nickel are knock-out versions. I'm not as impressed with the antique copper but i think that's because the blues/greens make these so realistic that the browns make him look like he's in a muddy pond :anibad:

Anyhow, I have tried getting some pictures that due Neptune justice but I can't get it to look as good as it does in person, so if you plan on getting these, you'll just have to trust my judgement. I will get some pics up later (along with the ET's-which turned out soooo cute).

Ok, got a little carried away here, it's that I wasn't expecting to get so excited over these ;)

LMAO! So I guess the official name of 1 of the coins is Neptunes Compass Algae Version :anibad:

How about flotsam and jetsam... or just plain Clam. ;)

Just a quick note. I got a call from UPS today and they had my samples in (ET Oceania also), since they don't deliver out in my area on weekends, I said I'd come pick them up since I had to go watch my nephew at his wrestling meet (he's 6). I grabbed the package and hauled in the small sample box with me into the meet.

I opened these coins in front of my parents and my sis-in-law. My family is used to my animal coins and as I opened each little bubble package and pulled these out, we all sat there with our mouths open. My dad who usually just looks at my stuff and say's that's nice (lol), plucked this one out of my mom's hand. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes and my family was actually just about drooling over these. The 3D under the translucent is amazing, Neptune is so life-like and realistic, it's almost creepy, lol. I have to say that the factory did an amazing job on these coins and the blue/satin nickel and aqua/antique nickel are knock-out versions. I'm not as impressed with the antique copper but i think that's because the blues/greens make these so realistic that the browns make him look like he's in a muddy pond :anibad:

Anyhow, I have tried getting some pictures that due Neptune justice but I can't get it to look as good as it does in person, so if you plan on getting these, you'll just have to trust my judgement. I will get some pics up later (along with the ET's-which turned out soooo cute).

Ok, got a little carried away here, it's that I wasn't expecting to get so excited over these ;)

Congratulations, Tsun. Sounds like you've got another hit on your hands. It's always very cool when your own family is honestly impressed with your work! :D They tend to be so much harder to impress than friends.

CF30

Wow! The samples really do look great! I like the copper version a lot, it looks like neptune came to the muddy waters of the north sea, where the tidal currents keep all kinds of sediments moving... ;) while the gold with green version looks more like the mediterranean sea where the water is clear but warm...

I hope I will not miss these :anibad:

Wow the pictures are just awesome.....I do still like the Blue the best but that green is hot too....The 3D underneath looks wonderfully detailed...

Another awesome job....you got sick skills girl....I am going to need a second job to try and keep up.

I must say excellent job trying to explain how your moving forward with the webstore....I personally see your doing everything humanly possible to make things easier on you but also to make sure customers are satsified...

Here are a couple of pictures I took of the samples myself. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get Neptune captured that way he truly looks. Here's the google page dedicated to this design that needs a bit of updating but I got some additional close-up pictures on there.

Neptunes Compass

This version is my favorite, I decided to call it the Caribbean Edition. When I was a kid, I lived on St. Croix, US Virgin Islands for a couple years. My brother and I were always swimming and snorkeling and the water was so incredibly blue/green and warm... you could see for hundreds of feet below. This version just reminds me of this time in my life, gives me a fuzzy feeling inside :(

3709samples042ebay.JPG

3709samples055ebay.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures I took of the samples myself. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get Neptune captured that way he truly looks. Here's the google page dedicated to this design that needs a bit of updating but I got some additional close-up pictures on there.

Neptunes Compass

This version is my favorite, I decided to call it the Caribbean Edition. When I was a kid, I lived on St. Croix, US Virgin Islands for a couple years. My brother and I were always swimming and snorkeling and the water was so incredibly blue/green and warm... you could see for hundreds of feet below. This version just reminds me of this time in my life, gives me a fuzzy feeling inside :)

3709samples042ebay.JPG

3709samples055ebay.JPG

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. If you want to just go ahead and bill me and send one now, it would be one less headache for you on the day sales open. :( YOU CAN'T BLAME A GAL FOR TRYING. I'll try to be patient for now.

I don't know when the sale will be. I haven't even ordered the coins yet but I will this week as I have to find a control-able balance between these and the ET's :) I would imagine early April some time. My other issue is my new website/webstore which is currently being "built". I'm thinking that will be transitioning about the same time but hopefully sooner. So for me, everything sales wise is up in the air but as always, I'll update here and in the newsletter.

Or I could sell them off 1 at a time on ebay and save everyone else the trouble from having to list them :(

Edited by tsunrisebey

Or I could sell them off 1 at a time on ebay and save everyone else the trouble from having to list them :)

If you like I would be happy to sign a No E-bay guarantee :ph34r: ! I always go for 2 (if i'm lucky enough) of your stunning coins as they are great leverage in trades :ph34r: but it always hurts to let one go.

Just a brief update; I placed the order for these tonight. I ordered an initial round of tracking numbers (350) back in 2008 when I had expected this project to move quicker than it did. Anyhow, the 1st minting will be as follows:

250 Satin Silver w/ the blue translucent aka Artic Ocean Edition (No limit on ordering)

150 Antique Nickel w/ the aqua translucent aka Caribbean Edition (Limit 2 per order)

Once the above versions have sold out, the metal/color combo will not be used again. I do intend to mint the other versions (shown earlier in the thread) and it is very possible depending on how well these coins sell, I may use colors again but on different metals (for example using the blue translucent on nickel metal- I have not decided but this is informational only). This design will be an open design through 2009, I intend to have a special version to sell at GCF.

I anticipate these to be ready for sale some time in April but I will keep this thread updated.

EDIT: Prices will be announced at a later date as I have not received the pricing yet. I will also post the icons later which are currently being done by mauison (mahalo :))

Thanks,

tsun :)

Edited by tsunrisebey

Just a brief update; I placed the order for these tonight. I ordered an initial round of tracking numbers (350) back in 2008 when I had expected this project to move quicker than it did. Anyhow, the 1st minting will be as follows:

250 Satin Silver w/ the blue translucent aka Artic Ocean Edition (No limit on ordering)

150 Antique Nickel w/ the aqua translucent aka Caribbean Edition (Limit 2 per order)

Once the above versions have sold out, the metal/color combo will not be used again. I do intend to mint the other versions (shown earlier in the thread) and it is very possible depending on how well these coins sell, I may use colors again but on different metals (for example using the blue translucent on nickel metal- I have not decided but this is informational only). This design will be an open design through 2009, I intend to have a special version to sell at GCF.

I anticipate these to be ready for sale some time in April but I will keep this thread updated.

EDIT: Prices will be announced at a later date as I have not received the pricing yet. I will also post the icons later which are currently being done by mauison (mahalo :laughing:)

3/12/09 edit: PRICE: $10.00 per coin.

Weight per coin 1.6 ounces

Thanks,

tsun :o

Found on page 5 :o

These are slated to ship to me on April 3rd (the SS/Arctic and AN/Caribbean versions). We're still working on the new website/webstore and I don't really want to sell/package/ship on Easter weekend, so I'm leaning towards the 17th/18th for the sale. I'll post for sure when I have something a little more firm this is just a heads up for now :laughing:

OT: These will go on sale with the ET Oceania coins.

tsun

May I just say that the special Neptunes Compass that I have sitting right in front of me is a truly beautiful coin :P

Photos cant quite catch its marvellousness. Ahh Tsun, you've done it again :unsure:

Edited to say: Bragging? Yeah of course I am! :blink:

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Neptunes Compass Sale Information

Date/Time of Sale conversion:

Montana: April 18th 8:00 am MST Saturday (there will be a date and time stamp on the webstore)

Brussels: April 18th 4:00 pm Saturday

Frankfurt, Germany: April 18th 4:00 pm Saturday

Lisbon, Portugal: April 18th 3:00 pm Saturday

Amsterdam, Netherlands: April 18th 4:00 pm Saturday

Glasgow, Scotland: April 18th 3:00 pm Saturday

Perth, Australia: April 18th 10:00 pm Saturday

Edited by tsunrisebey

will we be able to "practice" with the new webstore prior to the sale?

That is a good question... I asked the same question but regarding me being able to practice on how to load and set everything up, lol. I don't think anyone here is going to need "practice" but if you visit the website a bit before the sale, you should be able to look around and figure things out. It will be much easier and much like alot of other sites (I think :laughing: ). Guess we'll all find out tail end of next week :huh: