New Cache

redjada

Im very new at this and have several caches in my area. I was wondering if there is a way to be notified of a new hidden cache? Or a way to search for new ones in my area.

You can sign up for notifications of new caches in your area and do searches for new caches, but you'll need to upgrade to a premium membership first. The membership is well worth the cost in my book.

Im very new at this and have several caches in my area. I was wondering if there is a way to be notified of a new hidden cache? Or a way to search for new ones in my area.

The premium membership mentioned by the others offers you the opportunity to get instant notifications of published caches.

If you aren't worried about being notified instantly, you can sign up for a weekly e-mail that lists all new caches in your area. This is available to all geocachers, whether or not you are a premium member.

Go to your profile and click on "edit your profile". Then check the box that says "Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area." and save.

You will also need to enter your home coordinates for this to work. Go to MY Account, then in the Search Options box on the right side of the page click on the link to add your home coordinates. They don't have to be the actual coordinates of your home if you are uncomfortable with that, but you can use an arbitrary point a mile or so from your house. Of course the closer they are to your home the more accurate the results will be.

i just search from nearest caches and the new box appears by new ones, sometimes the new ones listed in the mail are close, thats how i got my first to find