LordElph’s ignore script

T.R.a.M.P.

Latest version v0.34 from last August is working for me with Firefox 3.0.6

If you've ignored a lot of topics, its possible you've run into some storage limit with Greasemonkey.

I may need to add some ability to only remember the last X ignored topics if that's the case....

I am using Firefox 3.0.5 but have seen the problem for a while. Maybe I just like ignoring lots of threads... :):D:P

Many thanks.

PS: I just noticed that it seems to be a script on Edgemaster's site that is linked to on Graculus's resource page and this indicates version 0.34, but 17/08/2008 instead of 18th. Can anyone indicate what the differences are about?

Latest version v0.34 from last August is working for me with Firefox 3.0.6

If you've ignored a lot of topics, its possible you've run into some storage limit with Greasemonkey.

I may need to add some ability to only remember the last X ignored topics if that's the case....

I am using Firefox 3.0.5 but have seen the problem for a while. Maybe I just like ignoring lots of threads... :):D:P

Many thanks.

PS: I just noticed that it seems to be a script on Edgemaster's site that is linked to on Graculus's resource page and this indicates version 0.34, but 17/08/2008 instead of 18th. Can anyone indicate what the differences are about?

Ah... I linked to the script from the last place I found it for my Resources site which was Edge's.... I can update it to Lordelphs link if that is the latest version.

Chris (Mr B - Graculus)

Many thanks for all your hard work guys! :D

Back to the problem...

Now at home, I have just updated to Firefox 3.0.6 and I have 53 topics ignored but there are a couple more that used to be ignored... :)

Obviously, most of the ignored threads are not on the first page. For me, it would be acceptable to lose the oldest ignored topic when adding new.

This is only gilding the lily - please take this as positive feedback - it is by no means a complaint!

Cheers,

Trevor

Hi folks, its me again... :blink:

I think I have got to the bottom of why my ignored threads keep coming back. It is because I am using two pcs (one at work and one at home) and the ignore function basically toggles between hidden and visible.

Once the two pcs get out of step, hiding a thread at home makes it visible at work and vice versa.

A quick fix would be to clear the show/hide settings for all topics on both pcs, then start again - but how do I clear those settings?