If you sent both of these free wouldn't you be breaking the rules?

TEAM HARTSOCK

I was bored again and surfing the net looking at gc pics and I was running through ebay and this ad was listed. I thought it was interesting due to the fact that it came with two coins, both with the same tracking number. The seller explains why they are like that, and at no time is the seller suggesting that the winner use both as a trackable, but if someone did get them and drop both of them in different caches, wouldn't that violate Groundspeak policy?

Not trying to stir anything up or cause a problem for seller, just learning all of this myself and that is what it would appear to me as.

I have a number of coins from different cachers, stores or organizations with that setup. One is the traveler, the other is the collector and they're aquired together normally. Tools of the Trade was the first I ever saw like that. It's no different than a TravelBug tag set. Two tags with the intention that one go free and the other stick around at home as a reference. :(

Thanks to all. Like I said I was trying to be critical of anything, just trying to grasp the idea because I have seen that said over and over again about the same tracking number can only be for one traveler at a time. I like the idea about keeping one and sending one out like a TB. That way if it gets muggled or lost or whatever, you still have it. Never thought of coins that way.

I sell on Ebay. Right now I have a set of coins - that Hogwild did which matches this criteria on Ebay. It is nice to have one to hold and one to release.

I have a coin myself which I activated which is like this - I have one and one is free roaming the World. I love it.

Always good to ask questions when you do not know the answer. Perhaps it was my auction - perhaps not.

I sell on Ebay. Right now I have a set of coins - that Hogwild did which matches this criteria on Ebay. It is nice to have one to hold and one to release.

I have a coin myself which I activated which is like this - I have one and one is free roaming the World. I love it.

Always good to ask questions when you do not know the answer. Perhaps it was my auction - perhaps not.

Flip phone coins? Think it might have been yours. I do really like this idea and have never heard of it with coins. Might be more incline to release some more if there was sets like this. Think it is a great idea!

I know of at least one series that has many (25?-50?-75?) coins that all have the same tracking #

They are keepers or traders and when they are logged that you will keep one of them, the owner grabs it back and releases another. I've often wondered how approval was giving to have 250 coins minted with only 4 tracking codes. I suppose it is because only 1 at a time is released and traveling at any given time. :)

One item per tracking number.

I was told identical items could have the same tracking number... one to sit in the collection, the other to travel. The original light blue 2006 Around the World in 80 caches balloons were made this way.

This matches my understanding. The intent is one item being tracked per tracking number. That lets a coin replace it's lost mate, allows for proxy's etc. Like has been said though, two or more items out and being tracked on the one number is just confusing and would break the rules, and the intent.

When you order TB tags, you get two. One to set free, and one "copy" to keep if the original goes missing never to return. Anyone who deliberately sets mulitple trackables free, with the same tracking number, will risk having that trackable page locked for good. If coins are ordered and approved with two coins per number, it is because one is not meant to travel, and one of them is.

A friend of mine is dealing with this issue right now. He has a TB that is a copy and apparently the original surfaced. He placed it in a cache and then went online to log it and it wasn't in his inventory anymore. It had been grabbed from him by someone that found the original TB. He is a newbie too, so this is confusing him and making him feel like he did something wrong :)

A friend of mine is dealing with this issue right now. He has a TB that is a copy and apparently the original surfaced. He placed it in a cache and then went online to log it and it wasn't in his inventory anymore. It had been grabbed from him by someone that found the original TB. He is a newbie too, so this is confusing him and making him feel like he did something wrong :)

How long did he wait before releasing the copy? I've had bugs of mine come back many, many months after going missing. If he can, he should try to go back and get the copy, or ask someone to grab it out of the cache for him and return it to him. He didn't do anything wrong, but he should try to bring one back home, so two are not traveling, and he should post a note explaining what happened to the TB page, so others will know.

How long did he wait before releasing the copy? I've had bugs of mine come back many, many months after going missing. If he can, he should try to go back and get the copy, or ask someone to grab it out of the cache for him and return it to him. He didn't do anything wrong, but he should try to bring one back home, so two are not traveling, and he should post a note explaining what happened to the TB page, so others will know.

It's not his travel bug, it belongs to another cacher (I emailed them to inform them of the problem) but it is the "copy" tag. When I went and looked at the logs for him it became pretty apparent that the other half had surfaced. I haven't heard back from the owner yet....

A friend of mine is dealing with this issue right now. He has a TB that is a copy and apparently the original surfaced. He placed it in a cache and then went online to log it and it wasn't in his inventory anymore. It had been grabbed from him by someone that found the original TB. He is a newbie too, so this is confusing him and making him feel like he did something wrong :(

It's not his travel bug, it belongs to another cacher (I emailed them to inform them of the problem) but it is the "copy" tag. When I went and looked at the logs for him it became pretty apparent that the other half had surfaced. I haven't heard back from the owner yet....

Oh, I forgot to add that someone has since taken it from the cache he placed it in and is waiting for him to log it into there before they log it, but it isn't in his inventory anymore. My friend has found around 5 caches so far and moved about three travelers and he is very confused....I am helping though :)

When you order TB tags, you get two. One to set free, and one "copy" to keep if the original goes missing never to return. Anyone who deliberately sets mulitple trackables free, with the same tracking number, will risk having that trackable page locked for good. If coins are ordered and approved with two coins per number, it is because one is not meant to travel, and one of them is.

I know of one trackable that has multiples floating around, I have it on my watchlist (along with all the TBs and coins that have went through our cache) and it is driving me nuts with all the logs. I think they must have at least 20 copies.