Geocaching camp out by/near Piet Retief for last weekend in Feb '09

DamhuisClan

We just got a new "Caching" mobile, and I want to take it on a bit of a drive.

The Eucaliptus (GC1341) cache is just about the right distance away, and been on my "really got to get to this one list", and there seem to be a few nice caches in the surrounding area.

We are planning to do this one on the weekend of the 28th Feb / 1 March, and camp there for the 1 night returning to Joburg on Sunday afternoon.

Are there maybe any other cachers out there that would like to join us in Piet Retief for the weekend?

If there are more then 2 or 3 teams, maybe we can make an event of it?

Are there any good camp sites, in or around Piet Retief area, that can host a small group of people?

Anton, there should be enough cachers for this event. The problem is that most of them do not log onto this forum. They only keep an eye on the listings.

You have to send an e-mail to all the guys in this area. I can help you with the list. There should be about 3 guys including me and this also excludes the ones kicking and screaming while being dragged to the event. :(

Good luck

Gerhard

Wonderful idea anton - will send my apologies - but good on you for organising this and making it open!

Perhaps you can place an Earthcache or two while there? Some really nice granite outcrops, intruded dykes, pans etc. Great for Earthcaching - or you can make a plan top place a few - and get a local cache rto adopt after he's found them?