How has a poor economy affected your geocoin purchasing?

SCP-173

Well I've never seen the forum bug and not even post the OP before. Sheesh. Anyway...

With so many people selling their collections on eBay recently I've been able to pick some old 2003-2005 coins I've always wanted that I was never even able to trade for back in the day. Kind of ironic since I sold a number of my coins, but these days I'm focusing more on quality over quantity and just getting oldies I never managed to snag before. Anyone else been making a killing in the buying rather than selling field on there lately?

since i am new...what do you consider to be an old or rare coin?

i saw a compass rose go for $50

That was probably an '06, I just bought an '05 (wohoo) and paid a heck of a lot more.

rats..wish they weren't so much. i really like the 06 one. i was at a friends house and he ahs both 05 and 06.

anything in particular from 05 and before to look for? in case i ever run across one.

"A poor economy isn't all bad"

Curious title??? I like geocoins, but I do feel sorry for the ones that have to sell their coins.

That's painfull to them.

This topic seems to be about rare old coins. Can't you change the title?

I have to agree with Sivota on this. Nothing against you or your collecting, I just feel for those folks as well. That's a rough title to alot of people.

I'd rather see folks sell them because they want to not because they have to.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, I'm not judging .

Making a "killing" at someones misfortune sounds, a little cruel.

Getting your chance to get your heart's desire is a wonderful thing. Letting folks know how lucky you feel to get a coin you'll cherish might make folks feel better.

Just my Opinion that's all,

Opalsns

Anything past 2005 is going to have a hard time grabbing my attention. I got one from 2003 just recently that I've spent 4 years looking for!

what was it? congrats!

rsg

It was an unactivated 2003 USA geocoin. Paid a pretty penny for it, but you get what you pay for as they say. :D

Anything past 2005 is going to have a hard time grabbing my attention. I got one from 2003 just recently that I've spent 4 years looking for!

what was it? congrats!

rsg

It was an unactivated 2003 USA geocoin. Paid a pretty penny for it, but you get what you pay for as they say. :)

have been looking... I like to get geocoins that have somthing to do with my life.

I I have a marine corps coin, in honor of my grandpa who was at Iwa Jima, a fire fighter coin for me and so on. I keep them though in a coin holder I made in my geocaching office.

well to answer the op question, on the title,, the economy hasent affected me much,, im still broke,,,lol i get to buy few new coins because they are 15-20 a peice plus shipping,, but recently i have been finding my seekers coins for sale in theese threads sometimes less then they started, so my collection has growen a bit lately and spend most of my collecting funds on coins for missions as i enjoy that the most i think,, i love to put the missions togeather,and getting mail is fun, as i never got much mail before now,,just bills..ha ha

i wish i had a bigger budget for coins- i really like them. :laughing: