Memory card for GPSr

This was probably discussed already,but my internet is slow today, as it takes forever to run a search.So i was wondering,has anyone had any problems loading maps with a 4Gb card in garmin 60csx, I know you don't need one that big ,but it was on sale.I was trying to load 765 map sets at 1360Mb and it wouldn't load said problem with map program,so someone told me it could be to big of a card.Any ideas if this is true?

What you probably ran up against was the "segment" limit not a "size of the card" problem.

There is a limit of 2025 map segments (someone correct me if that number is not correct) that can be installed. Users run into that more often when using Topo (due to the small segment size) than when installing something like CN or the custom maps.

This was probably discussed already,but my internet is slow today, as it takes forever to run a search.So i was wondering,has anyone had any problems loading maps with a 4Gb card in garmin 60csx, I know you don't need one that big ,but it was on sale.I was trying to load 765 map sets at 1360Mb and it wouldn't load said problem with map program,so someone told me it could be to big of a card.Any ideas if this is true?

Not sure what maps you're trying to load, but I bought a 4gig for my 60csx and loaded all of the US state maps from Mapsourse and the East 24k Topo maps on it without any problems.

Not sure what maps you're trying to load, but I bought a 4gig for my 60csx and loaded all of the US state maps from Mapsourse and the East 24k Topo maps on it without any problems.

I was trying to load Ibycus USA map and the topo of MN and half of WI from mapsource, with a total of 785 map segments.I might have to reinstall Ibycus map,to see if something went wrong in there...

I was trying to load Ibycus USA map and the topo of MN and half of WI from mapsource, with a total of 785 map segments.I might have to reinstall Ibycus map,to see if something went wrong in there...

Update, it wasn't the size of the card,i had to reinstall the USA map program, must of been something wrong with the way i loaded the first one... It all downloaded,now ready to go :)

Sorry to hijack the thread but I want to piggy back on your question...

I want to upgrade from the 64mg card that came with my 60csx. There are a lot on ebay for around $10 (2gig). Is this a good deal? Is there a certain card I need to look for?

Thanks for your help.

$10 is not really a good price. On Amazon you can usually find someone selling the 2Gb for around $7.00 including shipping. I've had better experiences staying with a good name brand such as Sandisk or Kingston.

edit: Just checked Kingston's site. http://shop.kingston.com/partsinfo.asp?ktc...mp;promo=XD07PH Currently have 2Gb with free shipping for $6.00. I've ordered 2Gb cards from them on 3 different occasions and always received in 3-4 days.

Edited by eaparks

Sorry to hijack the thread but I want to piggy back on your question...

I want to upgrade from the 64mg card that came with my 60csx. There are a lot on ebay for around $10 (2gig). Is this a good deal? Is there a certain card I need to look for?

Thanks for your help.

Recently seems like BestBuy or CircuitCity has a 2Gb micro card on sale for $10. Numerous previous posts have mentioned one of the high speed/capacity cards does not work in the Garmin units. I do not remember which one, but a seach should find those posts.

Sandisk's Utlra II will not work. Check my edited above post for good price on Kingston. All of U.S. streets will fit on 2Gb; all of U.S. Topo will not fit on any size memory card for 60CSx because of map segment limit of 2,025.

Thanks eaparks. My card is on the way to me now. fyi-free shipping is only on $25 or more. But still got it for $9.50 shipping included.

Sandisk's Utlra II will not work. Check my edited above post for good price on Kingston. All of U.S. streets will fit on 2Gb; all of U.S. Topo will not fit on any size memory card for 60CSx because of map segment limit of 2,025.

Thanks eaparks. My card is on the way to me now. fyi-free shipping is only on $25 or more. But still got it for $9.50 shipping included.

Glad to help. They've changed then, in the past I always had free shipping.

Glad to help. They've changed then, in the past I always had free shipping.

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mention here is the class rating on the micro SD cards. There are 2, 4 and 6 with associated xfer rates, 2MB, 4MB, 6MB/s. Class 6 vs. Class 2 does have a difference, not so much on the unit but loading the maps itself when it copies large amounts over is quite a bit faster. I've noticed my oregon seems to be a little bit quicker with the class 6 cards. A lot of the cards in stores are old stock/ class 2. It may not say the class on the package but will have a 2,4,6 with a circle around it on the card usually.