Cointest...Show Us Them Puppies!

drneal

One more week to show us them puppies! Entries so far have included old puppies, new puppies, woman pupies, man puppies, boxer puppies, and even a picture of a member's mother's puppies (heh, I don't make this stuff up!)

Still time to enter to enter a picture of you and your puppies!

ILYKAB>>TATB

Edited by drneal

I wanna play too! :o

Here are four pictures of my Bouvier (des Flandres) dog, Hussi. She'll be two in July. My parents breed and raise Bouviers and are specializing in the fawn color. Here's their website address if anyone's interested in learning more about the breed. I've also posted a short video on their website displaying just how obedient and dedicated she is (yes, I'm biased!) :D

Hussi's been geocaching with me ever since I just started last Fall. I'm considering getting her a trackable geocoin so anyone we encounter will be able to track her. She's "sniffed" out quite a few caches and especially loves it when the kids come along! She's truly and outdoors dog, although I cringe when her coat gets wet as it basically turns into concrete and I have to demat it! :D

0214090955.jpg

Here's Hussi along with my four children while caching just last weekend when we found "Mad Hikers 1st."

0110091327.jpg

Here's a shot of her after she sniffed out this one. My secret weapon. :unsure:

0201091208.jpg

Yet another cache she found. (My shadow's pointing to it!)

0203091706.jpg

Finally, here's her enjoying a bit of "downtime" in the snow. :D

th_0219091652.jpg

And here's the video! B)

Edited by KoryFer
How cute!

Fighting the urge to get more dogs..... tsun does not need any more pets, I do not need any more pets. Yes, I do! Yes, I do! I can't take much more of these cute pictures, lol.

Hey tsun, I heard the shelter over here has been inundated with puppies lately. :D

Just to keep this on topic, I posted pictures of my pups earlier but none of us were in the photos so here are a couple of my husband and his dog Nuka playing in the snow after the heavy snowfall we had last month. That's a 4' chain link fence in the background, hubby is 6'4". And no, the fall wasn't intentional, he tripped on a stump we didn't get ground out last year. :unsure::o

HN2.JPG

HN1.JPG

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

well luckyscout is getting big fast, he's potty trained already now, and has learned to sit, lay down, and is currently working on the hardest one yet,, no bite!,, we had to get him a muzzle due to bitting the little one,, but has got to the point where we just show it to him and he instantly stops. he has so much energy and is hard to keep up with, even the lil one gets tired first. Ive tryed to get a pic of him but for the last week and a half, all ive got was blurrs, him nor Zariah will stay put long enuff to get a pic,,lol ,, guess i have a week left. Lucky found his second cache yesterday, and is still quite confused how the treats end up in the cache..lol,, he sure is glad to gobble them up. he's starting to like the dog park a lil more as hes first visit, he got mobbed by all the old dogs ,im guessing because he was new guy in town?? and i took wet treats the first visit so all the dogs were sniffing my pockets..oops. he's a handfull to say the least, but were managing to learn as we go, right along with him.:D

well luckyscout is getting big fast, he's potty trained already now, and has learned to sit, lay down, and is currently working on the hardest one yet,, no bite!,, we had to get him a muzzle due to bitting the little one,, but has got to the point where we just show it to him and he instantly stops. he has so much energy and is hard to keep up with, even the lil one gets tired first. Ive tryed to get a pic of him but for the last week and a half, all ive got was blurrs, him nor Zariah will stay put long enuff to get a pic,,lol ,, guess i have a week left. Lucky found his second cache yesterday, and is still quite confused how the treats end up in the cache..lol,, he sure is glad to gobble them up. he's starting to like the dog park a lil more as hes first visit, he got mobbed by all the old dogs ,im guessing because he was new guy in town?? and i took wet treats the first visit so all the dogs were sniffing my pockets..oops. he's a handfull to say the least, but were managing to learn as we go, right along with him.:D

Ok, the dog can sit, lay down, and is potty trained...the question is has your wife trained you to do those things yet?

ILYK

Just got back from a trip to Rochester to see the GPS Maze..Time for another entrant or two. I'm going to start cuttin the cheese to prepare for the drawing for the winner...my dogs love when I cut the cheese...check back in later for explanation!

ILYK

Edited by drneal

Ok, this is the best I can do to enter. Here are the girls checking out the cool sig item we got from Geo.error.

Chianna is the big German Shepherd. She is the wife's baby. She is also our first pup. Samantha is the little one. She is part Terrier part Schnauzer. She is my baby and follows me almost every where. My little cutie. She is only a year old and very stubborn, just like her dad.

IMG_0302.jpg

My thanks to all of you who dared to show us them puppies! Thanks also to Eartha and the other folks at Groundspeak for allowing my somewhat warped sense of humor!

I was unable to find a picture of me with my puppies but wanted to add another picture of my boyz, Logan and Heineken!

RG9H5976-2.jpg

I put the boyz to work, after taking time to carefully cut the cheese for them! I cubed some chedder cheese (what were you thinking,) used an edible ink marker to number the cubes, and risking fingers, perhaps even my life, grabbed the last piece. The winning entry was:

Here's a few pictures of two of my geo-dogs: my Belgian Malinois Pepper and My Yellow Lab Max.

Max passed away on August 3, 2007, while doing what he loved best: hiking and geocaching; he was about 13 1/2 at the time . I adopted Pepper from a shelter in December of 2007. She is smart, playful, energetic and a great geo-hiking companion; she's currently a little over 2 1/2 yrs old.

Congratulations to Tom 4 props...way to show off those man puppies!

I'll get an e-mail out as soon as I get this posted, and get the pocketpups and some mardi gras beads on the way as soon as I get an address.

Coming very soon, another show us cointest. Let's see if Eartha will again forgive me one or maybe two more times!

ILYKAB>>>>TATB

edited for spelling...I'm tired!

Edited by drneal

congrats, tom4props,, thx drneal for the cointest. mabie next round il have some pics,, i tryed soooo hard to get another pic of them for the cointest, when he was a blur she was still and visa-versa i even tryed to get in a few times he's just to darn hyper! :o

Thanks drneal, for a fun cointest that almost caused me to go out and get a dog.

(In secret, I have to admit, if I were voting I was voting for tom4props, his story and photos really tugged some heartstrings. The rest of them were also great, but his photography, along with the story, was very beautiful).

Closing thread now that's it is over. Go take care of Logan!