Interesting spot (Caledon)

Canadavey

Devils pulpit is here:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...;zm=15&mt=p

Much more significant descent then the spot you suggest - And it is along the bruce trail. I recommend the nearby caches! :( Also plenty of room for more if you can get further down the trail - though I would recommend climbing gear if you wish to transition from the top of the escarpment to the bottom!!

Devils pulpit is here:

Much more significant descent then the spot you suggest - And it is along the bruce trail. I recommend the nearby caches! :( Also plenty of room for more if you can get further down the trail - though I would recommend climbing gear if you wish to transition from the top of the escarpment to the bottom!!

Well I'll be damned... The interweb lied to me. Looks like a fun area!

Devils pulpit is here:

Much more significant descent then the spot you suggest - And it is along the bruce trail. I recommend the nearby caches! :) Also plenty of room for more if you can get further down the trail - though I would recommend climbing gear if you wish to transition from the top of the escarpment to the bottom!!

Well I'll be damned... The interweb lied to me. Looks like a fun area!

I was in that area in November, but didn't have much time for caching. Nice area. But all I see when I Google Devil's Pulpit is the golf course. :(

I did see a rope-assisted descent of the esparpment on The Bruce very close to Toys by Rocky Mountain trail but I wasn't headed that way.

I did the same thing with Googling it and only finding the Golf Course, that's why when I set out to find it using the Terrain maps on Google I thought I had found it at the original spot I noted on the first post. Now I'm curious about that spot... Definately looks like a 5 star on the terrain rating... Either way, for the long walk in, or the steep drop down. I feel the need to explore...

I did the same thing with Googling it and only finding the Golf Course, that's why when I set out to find it using the Terrain maps on Google I thought I had found it at the original spot I noted on the first post. Now I'm curious about that spot... Definately looks like a 5 star on the terrain rating... Either way, for the long walk in, or the steep drop down. I feel the need to explore...

Unless you're going to forego the rope, it is definately not a terrain 5. The Bruce Trail descends at the rope/cable and there is a make shift stair here. Having said that, I had no problems descending it quickly, with a group of a dozen or so people that had been hiking for about 15km to get here. You can park within 200M of the stairs, as well.

It would be a bit tricky during the spring freeze/thaw cycle but no special equipment required. The area is GORGEOUS in autumn, as is the rest of the Forks of the Credit Area nearby.

Edited by northernpenguin

Unless you're going to forego the rope, it is definately not a terrain 5. The Bruce Trail descends at the rope/cable and there is a make shift stair here. Having said that, I had no problems descending it quickly, with a group of a dozen or so people that had been hiking for about 15km to get here. You can park within 200M of the stairs, as well.

It would be a bit tricky during the spring freeze/thaw cycle but no special equipment required. The area is GORGEOUS in autumn, as is the rest of the Forks of the Credit Area nearby.

I figured the views would be nice in the Autumn... I knew the spot would have something to offer other then an interesting route to a cache. This is why I'm surprised there isn't anything already there... I'm wanting to place a cache there, but at the same time I don't because I want to claim a find there. And I'm not the type of cacher to do something lame like posting a find on my own cache <_< (well, except for the one time I claimed a find on Wilcox Micro).

Oh well, if the spot is still available by the time I get out there, I'll place a cache.