downloading waypoints

Turtle_Sask

I have a garmin map 60csx, everything else is fine. What im asking is when you are on geocaching .com, and you are looking at some caches. to the right you can click the box and you can download it onto your gps. i have downloaded what they told me to download i have the usb cord and everything. Maybee because im not a premium member?

I have a garmin map 60csx, everything else is fine. What im asking is when you are on geocaching .com, and you are looking at some caches. to the right you can click the box and you can download it onto your gps. i have downloaded what they told me to download i have the usb cord and everything. Maybee because im not a premium member?

Not to be too picky, but did you download and install the Garmin Communicator?

When you connect the GPS to your computer, does your computer and MapSource see it and able to use it?

I believe i am having the same issue.

I have a Garmin Etrex Camo. I am NOT a premium member (yet)

I downloaded and installed the communicator. the test page shows it's installed.

when I click on send to GPS, all I get is "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here."

Am I able to use this feature?

Also, I have downloaded GSAK, I was able to load a waypoint from there...not that I know what I did to make that happen.

FWIW, I have a eTrex Legend HCx (used to use a Venture).

I had to install the USB drivers to connect the Legend to my computer.

I download the GPX files from geocaching.com, and then load them into GSAK. I then use GSAK to upload to the GPS. The last time I had a problem, its because the drivers were missing, and my computer didn't see the GPSr.

I am not aware of a way to download stuff from geocaching.com directly to my GPSr.

Hi All

I'm not sure what happend here I've always been able to download coodinates to my etrex Vista HCx

I have loaded over 700 caches with no problems and have found 366 of them todate.

yesterday & today when I try to download the coodinates by clicking send to GPS

all I get is "can't get it to run?" I've checked and rechecked the test page says

Garmin GPS is detected & communicating properly.

etrex Vista HCx (unit ID #............) But it still will not open up the page to write coodinates to my GPS.

the other thing is the words "send to GPS" are always red already now as if I hade clicked on it , even on listings in the next state over where I have not cached yet or loaded any coodinates from cache listing pages. if anyone can help me I sure would appreciate it.

I HATE BEING OUT OF THE GAME HELP!!!

P.S. I went next door and it worked fine on my neighbors PC we both have emachines running windows XP

Hi All

I'm not sure what happend here I've always been able to download coodinates to my etrex Vista HCx

I have loaded over 700 caches with no problems and have found 366 of them todate.

yesterday & today when I try to download the coodinates by clicking send to GPS

all I get is "can't get it to run?" I've checked and rechecked the test page says

Garmin GPS is detected & communicating properly.

etrex Vista HCx (unit ID #............) But it still will not open up the page to write coodinates to my GPS.

the other thing is the words "send to GPS" are always red already now as if I hade clicked on it , even on listings in the next state over where I have not cached yet or loaded any coodinates from cache listing pages. if anyone can help me I sure would appreciate it.

I HATE BEING OUT OF THE GAME HELP!!!

P.S. I went next door and it worked fine on my neighbors PC we both have emachines running windows XP

Browser?

WHOOOOHOOO!!!!! I'm back in the game!!

I don't know what happen but, I upgraded my explorer to version 8 & went in to my add & remove files deleted my plug & then reinstalled it. & every thing is working fine again.

Thank you Prime Suspect for your help. I had'nt thought about my Browser as being the problem. :)

I am having the same problem... I swear before it used to say "send to garmin" now it says "send to gps" and gives the tab for delorme. I have removed garmin plug in and re-installed but still will not do it. tested and it finds and communicates with my garmin but still will not send info to it. help me, I just became a premium member and was trying to load some for an outing tomorrow with a new cacher but can't download waypoints. :)

Hi--I was able to download waypoints to my Garmin etrex vista a couple of weeks ago but cannot do it now. I have read the logs but must admit I don't know how to do what some logs say to do. My computer gets automatic updates---using Internet Explorer and figure I have the latest update. Tell me SIMPLY---that would be non techie language--- what I can do. I have deleted and added (installed) everything and the test page says it is up and working...then that irritating little message comes up that it isn't ...argh

Check what version of Internet Explorer you actually have installed.

In Internet Explorer, on the menus click on Help. Then click on About Internet Explorer. See what version you have.

If it's version 6, you need to update to version 7 or use Firefox.

This is the first time I have used the forum.....but your advice was wonderful and "I be happy again". Thanks for the understandable instructions!

Back to not being able to download waypoints to my garmin etrex vista hcx. I figure it is an update that got automatically installed. What settings do I need to change so I am allowed to download? The geocache site says it can't find my gps, but when

I install, it says it is already installed. Keep it simple in explaining, please

Back to not being able to download waypoints to my garmin etrex vista hcx. I figure it is an update that got automatically installed. What settings do I need to change so I am allowed to download? The geocache site says it can't find my gps, but when

I install, it says it is already installed. Keep it simple in explaining, please

Using Internet Explorer 11?

You need to change your settings for compatibility...

(Or change browser! :laughing: )

Plenty of threads on the forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Try:

I was having the same problem as Smitsen with the Garmin communicator and not being able to download GC's to my handheld. What I did was: 1. Reloaded the communicator plug in. 2. While on the Geocaching.com page, On my toolbar on top of page go to the tools tab, open " Compatibility View Settings" and add Geocaching.com. I did this this morning and it's now working again.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Try:

I was having the same problem as Smitsen with the Garmin communicator and not being able to download GC's to my handheld. What I did was: 1. Reloaded the communicator plug in. 2. While on the Geocaching.com page, On my toolbar on top of page go to the tools tab, open " Compatibility View Settings" and add Geocaching.com. I did this this morning and it's now working again.

Try: