Uploading Finds?

OkieHunter

I have a Garmin eTrex HCx GPS and downloaded the driver so I can click the link at the end of the cache listing to download it to the GPS. Upon finding the cache in the field, the unit says it has logged the find.

When I get back home, I can upload the finds to the MapSource software that came with the unit (and I just downloaded the most recent update to it). But I'm not finding any option to upload my finds back to Geocaching.com.

Is there a way to upload the finds to Geocaching.com?

Thanks in advance.

OkieHunter

I have a Garmin eTrex HCx GPS and downloaded the driver so I can click the link at the end of the cache listing to download it to the GPS. Upon finding the cache in the field, the unit says it has logged the find.

When I get back home, I can upload the finds to the MapSource software that came with the unit (and I just downloaded the most recent update to it). But I'm not finding any option to upload my finds back to Geocaching.com.

Thanks in advance.

OkieHunter

Sorry, but no. The uploading of your finds to your computer is more for you own record keeping. Personally, I never bother with it.

To "log" your finds online, you will have to revist each cache page and click the "log" button on the upper right.

If you want to keep your own stats of finds, I recommend downloading the "add to que" pocket query (if you are a premium member) then loading that into GSAK or uploading to "itsnotabouthenumbers".

If you want to do it for the purpose of remembering which ones you did, then when you click "FOUND" on the compass screen it automatically makes a calendar entry on the GPS calendar. When you are done for the day just go to the GPS menu screen click CALENDAR then todays date and it will show a list of caches you marked as finds.

<_<

I'm lost...I want to upload my finds / notes from 3 weekend finds that I did log on my Garmin 400T...trouble is I have no idea on the procedure to upload this informaiton to Geocaching.com...any instrucitons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kcretors

Thanks in advance.

OkieHunter

Sorry, but no. The uploading of your finds to your computer is more for you own record keeping. Personally, I never bother with it.

To "log" your finds online, you will have to revist each cache page and click the "log" button on the upper right.

If you want to keep your own stats of finds, I recommend downloading the "add to que" pocket query (if you are a premium member) then loading that into GSAK or uploading to "itsnotabouthenumbers".

Again, I may be lame, but in December when I started, I somehow got the field notes I had input into my Garmin 400T to upload and show up as my logs of the caches we found. I think is was by using a freeware application I had downloaded called Clayjar Watcher, or Watcher...anyway, somewhere there was an instruction of how to copy one of the .gpx files from the GPS itself and to do somethign with it and then magic happened and the caches showed up as found on the site under my profile, and the field notes we put it the GPS were included. It was slick, but of course, not after many hours of effort to replicate the magic just a few short months later, I am stumped. Does anyone use Watcher? Or, is there a better method?