A small problem with one of my geocoins!

GATOULIS

Hello to all! :o

I have a small problem with one of my coins!

My geocoin traveller's name is : Gatoulis Wildlife Muggles Red Wacker, and it was placed in a cache named: "In High Fidelity" on 28th of November!

I just realised that the coin shows as it is in unknown location!!!

I didn't do that! I changed that, but when I tried to enter in the cache site, I couldn't see anything!

The cache changed into premioum members only!

Can anyone help me??? Is the coin still there? Is it lost, stolen etc?

The cache is in South Carolina... I think! If anyone lives there.... can you check it or move the coin please so I can watch it?

Thank you! :)

Looks like it was stolen in Dec with the cache, Cache was replaced but unfortunately your coin is missing. Sorry :)

Side note seems wrong that a coin would show up unknown location if place in a subscriber only cache....

Not 100% sure, but I think cache owners cacn move a coin to unknown location...I think. Seems like the coin owner should have received an email though!

:o So... Most probably my little coin is gone... And I haven't even seen it!! :):D

At least can someone post photos of the coin to see how it looked???

what shall I do? shall I put it in unknown location, as it was? If the coin is in unknown location and someone log it in a cache after some time, will it automatically change?

Oh... and... if by any chance.... see it being sold (I do not think that this is possible, but..) in a site, like Ebay... what I have to do???

Gatoulis, you may also want to edit your coin page with some big red text that says something like:

MUGGLED!

or

MISSING!

or even

STOLEN!

with an request that if it's found by a non-cacher, to get in touch with you to make arrangements to send it back. Check out my Museum Hopper page to see what I mean.

It won't prevent someone from selling it on eBay. However, if someone else buys it and tries to activate it, chances are he or she will come to your page, and then you stand a chance of getting the coin back (or narrowing down who stole it).

I had a coin that someone took to Oz from NZ.....

Placed it in an Australian listed cache (not GC.com) and no info since.....

SO annoying! Evendale.

I had another one early on, that was dropped into a Hungary cache, again not GC.com... LOST!

In both cases I am not registered on those countries local sites..... so no luck in ever seeing them again!

Thank you my friends! I posted a note, and I change some thing to show that the coin was stollen! Who knows... maybe I am very lucky....

Jackalgirl, I used what you wrote in your TB! I only had some tiny changes! I hope it is ok with you!

I do not know how to make a text in different color!!! There is nothing in the edit of the page for that!

Thank you my friends! I posted a note, and I change some thing to show that the coin was stollen! Who knows... maybe I am very lucky....

Jackalgirl, I used what you wrote in your TB! I only had some tiny changes! I hope it is ok with you!

I do not know how to make a text in different color!!! There is nothing in the edit of the page for that!

Interesting that a coin just like that is on Ebay for sale right now. The seller is out of Baltimore.

Could it be??

Here is a link for you to check out....if it works here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wildlife-Muggles-Geoco...%3A1%7C294%3A50

If not...just go to Ebay and search on 'geocoin'. Better hurry though...looks like the sale is up on Feb 11th at around midnight or so.

OH my little coin releasing friends have I got news for you... When a coin is released you almost have to anticipate it goin away eventually! Ive had coins that never even left the cache I dropped em in before gettin nabbed, lost and muggled!

Its such a fact of life with geocoins and upon releasing them you will quickly realize, that they may travel, but in the long run...They'll probably go MIA on ya :(

You CAN prolong the life by tagging them, drilling them or anything else you can think of to make them undesireable or evident that they are in fact a Traveler and not a Trade item.

I have SO MANY that are no longer traveling and its just part of the game! I still dont tag most of my travelers, which results in a higher number of lost coinage! I even bought a laminator for making the tags...Just gotta figure how to make a little coin flip sized sheet to include and I think my travelers would have an edge over the ones that dont!

Good Luck in ALL of your little Travelers and May they travel well for you! :(