Garmin GPS question

redjada

I have a Garmin GPS, the kind you use in your car so you don't get lost. I can download coordinates of Caches to my Garmin. Now I think Im ready to hide one. My question is; I can pin point the location of the hidden Cache on the GPS. But can I upload the coordinates from the GPS to Groundspeak so everyone can search for it?

Unfortunately, that unit does not support coordinates directly on the unit.

What you will have to do is to transfer the points to your computer using software such as EasyGPS or MapSource and then open the points in the software and look at the coordinates. Then you will have to input them to the Geocaching website manually.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama

Unfortunately, that unit does not support coordinates directly on the unit.

What you will have to do is to transfer the points to your computer using software such as EasyGPS or MapSource and then open the points in the software and look at the coordinates. Then you will have to input them to the Geocaching website manually.

Well, going to try my first hunt with this unit. I was kinda surprised to find one hidden 7 trees down from where I live (GC133MR) I down loaded the info to my streetpilot and got me with in 5 feet as I drove by. Unfortunately, I know the person owns the property where that tree is. And sometimes she's not very nice. I don't want the problems. I want to do this to have fun.....

The wife and are going to try our first hunt. Looking for Silver Springs Load (GCM0DN) Its not to far from us and the weather here in NE Ohio is nice today. Been cooped up to long. So wish us luck.

As for the software EasyGPS or MapSource. Is this software that I need to purchase or can I download it from the web? May sound like a dumb question, but I am new at this.

Well, time to go hunting. Heck, may even BBQ when we get back.

Thanks for the help....