would you buy this coin?

drneal

I work with the fundraising committe of our local humane society, and have started working on a new geocoin. I haven't passed the idea off to any coiner yet, but was thinking of doing a suncatcher...I'm sure the coiners will be able to improve on my design (I'm no artist.) The coin will be a fundraiser, so price has to reflect a profit/coin. I got some prices from someone else on the forum, as to what their suncatcher cost, and am hoping to sell the coin for $15, USD, slightly more for foreign shipments. The question is, considering the current economy, would you buy this coin?

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG-3.jpg

ILYK

Does the $15.00 USD include shipping and are all the net profits going to the Elk County Humane Society? Sounds like a good idea.

Looks to me like the hearts and paws will be the suncatcher windows. The raw design looks good to me so far. :)

Depending on final cost of coin, yes to all

ILYK

i think the idea is good,and the cause is good,, but mabie to help in this economy keep the price of the coin down as much as possible. 15$ for a very simple design seems a bit much, if you could cut that in half or try to keep it at 10$ i think more would buy, and many more for gifts. the problem with a 15$ coin at least for me is i can only afford 1 mabie 2, if they were 10 i could get 2-3 i know your still ending up with the same money , but it eurges peps to buy at least 1. at a lower cost, or mabie run a deal buy 5 get 1 free?

edited to say i dident take the suncatcher part into effect, that may be ok then. but im not an expert.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

i think the idea is good,and the cause is good,, but mabie to help in this economy keep the price of the coin down as much as possible. 15$ for a very simple design seems a bit much, if you could cut that in half or try to keep it at 10$ i think more would buy, and many more for gifts. the problem with a 15$ coin at least for me is i can only afford 1 mabie 2, if they were 10 i could get 2-3 i know your still ending up with the same money , but it eurges peps to buy at least 1. at a lower cost, or mabie run a deal buy 5 get 1 free?

edited to say i dident take the suncatcher part into effect, that may be ok then. but im not an expert.

I'm sure once I hand the design over to the experts, they'll come up with a much nicer design, just a rough start here.

ILYK

for a fairly basic design with cutout I couldn't justify paying $15. my coin budget is down drastically from where it was a year ago.

Like others I have curtailed my spending and usually only buy personals as they have more meaning to me. A commercial has to be a really special coin for me to buy it earth turtles come to mind although I seem to always miss those sales :)

Here is just a thought: why not try to make a series of these with surrounding counties? Not just with Elk, but go also with Clearfield, Centre, Jefferson, etc... contact their fundraising people and see if you can come up with some more who would be interested. All they need to do is take a look at eBay to see how popular geocoins are and then should realize that would get a nice return on it all. That way when you go to the minter, they might give you a better deal over all if they know they are getting more business out of it.

As far as a design, like it...maybe go with shape and forget the suncatcher thing....but then I dunno...

What if you added a hole to allow the owner to attach it to a collar and allowed a space for the pet's name to be engraved. Would you have to specifically add the Elk County Humane Society in order for it to be a fundraiser?

Edited to add that I would definitely be interested. I find myself working in Elk County more and more and they recently shut down a Humane Society due to funds.

Edited by LadeBear68

What if you added a hole to allow the owner to attach it to a collar and allowed a space for the pet's name to be engraved. Would you have to specifically add the Elk County Humane Society in order for it to be a fundraiser?

Edited to add that I would definitely be interested. I find myself working in Elk County more and more and they recently shut down a Humane Society due to funds.

ohh dr neal thats the way to go,, allow a name of a pet to be ingraved, so we can start tracking our pets!! if that was the case i think many would attach one to their pet, me included

Really like the basic design and will be anxious to see a complete image.

Depending on final colors & metal selections we would have one or two alongside the other two Humane Society coins in our collection.

At $15.00 ea they would be too costly for us to put in a cache. Our budget will allow about half that for a coin to put into the wild.

I like the design drneal. Depending of course on the refined design, I'd try to keep manufacturing costs as low as possible to be able to keep the sale price low and still provide as much profit to the humane society as possible.

You know you can count on us for purchasing several.

I actually really like the simplicity. Love the cat and dog on the front. It may work better not as a suncatcher but that may be my bias speaking as I'm getting a little tired of suncatcher coins.

Even considering it's for a fundraiser (which I love the particular fundraiser idea!) $15 may be a little high. Will that include shipping?