How much rope do you give a vendor?

CacheAddict.com

I had a server issue and was kicked from my email a number of times this afternoon when I tried to advertise a new coin via email. I found out later that the emails actually were sent. Kind of like the hiccups in the forums software here. I then get this message (edited for family friendly posting):

Hey su%$er, i receive your f$%king email 5 times!!!!!! reteive my email from your list, i will not buy anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So other vendors steal and hold peoples money for months and in some cases almost a year. I have an issue with email and get a message like this. I am truely disappointed and shocked in the reaction, it was only email nothing that deserved any kind of recation like this.

So the question is, how much rope do vendors have these days? I am still conducting reservations because i don't like to hold people money. Is there more I need to do?

My thoughts were "hmm, two emails, wonder if some details changed? hmm nope looks like just a second email, okay... "

No harm, they're just bits. these things happen, with the massive amounts of "published" emails and "someone moved your bug" emails and "someone found your cache" emails that I get, two emails from a vendor isn't gonna break my inbox.

Maybe somebody saw it as being pushy with the sales? edited to add: and overreacted. whoa, overreacted. Remove em and move on, I doubt it has anything to do with the problems with other vendors.

Edited by ThirstyMick

I'm thinking someone had a little too much coffee today. Good grief !

With a response like that, I guess I would have automatically removed him from the mailing list and let him/her know that their kind of "customer support" is not welcome there. And don't let the door hit you on the way out either :laughing:

I had a server issue and was kicked from my email a number of times this afternoon when I tried to advertise a new coin via email. I found out later that the emails actually were sent. Kind of like the hiccups in the forums software here. I then get this message (edited for family friendly posting):

Hey su%$er, i receive your f$%king email 5 times!!!!!! reteive my email from your list, i will not buy anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So other vendors steal and hold peoples money for months and in some cases almost a year. I have an issue with email and get a message like this. I am truely disappointed and shocked in the reaction, it was only email nothing that deserved any kind of recation like this.

So the question is, how much rope do vendors have these days? I am still conducting reservations because i don't like to hold people money. Is there more I need to do?

Hey mike,just brush it off,there will always be 1 in a handfull.b the funny thing here is they say they won't buy from you. Untill your minting that new coin they want. And you don't wanna do biz with someone that's gonna conduct them selfs in that manner anyway. With all the "I missed this sale" comments I read under each and every coin thread, you would think that person would be greatfull your sending them the info, the other funny thing is they had to register there info at your site to be included in the mailing,so they asked for them in the first place and probably bought a coin too. Its just sad to see instead of just hitting delete 5 times they had to take the time to try to ruin your day witch took a lot more effort.

Your doing great with new web site and all the new coins,and still managing your family life, just keep up the good work and don't let some smhooze take you down a different path then the one you want to be on!

Mistakes are mistakes, jerkwads are jerkwads. Think of it as a natural process of culling those you'd really rather not do business with.

The fact that you take reservations without requiring payment up front demonstrates your commitment to treating people right, and it's why I continue to do business with you.

Stay classy.

I think someone was WAY overreacting. Its just an email I got two of them and its no big deal Sometimes my email server sends me duplicates and frequently Groundspeak does also. I just delete. Someone was having a bad day. Heck its Friday for crying out loud whoever it was needs to loose up and put their drawers back in place. :laughing: Removing him/her from your list gets rid of a headache in the future.

As for slack well I have a short list of vendors I won't deal with. They were vendors I didn't like before the events over the past several months and those events just reinforced my opinions. Your company is NOT on that list. :unsure: Keep up the good work!!

I have to laugh (sorry) cause it reminds me of emails I've received from people. I've been chewed out for selling to ebayers, accused of being biased against 1 country because that person didn't get an order in which I guess meant I didn't like everyone from there, lol. The list goes on and on. It used to really bother me but not so much any more. It doesn't matter what you do, there is always going to be someone who doesn't like what your doing or what you did. You haven't taken anyone's money, you keep people updated, so I figure you're doing well :unsure: Maybe they were just having a really bad day :laughing:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Mike, you dont deserve to be spoken to like that. I got one email from you, but if I had got 5 I still wouldn't have cared. I went to your site, and got my reservation in.

I sign up to get your emails, and the emails from other vendors. I accept that accidents happen, and it really doesn't matter. How hard can it be to just delete the extra emails? Some people are way too angry and rude, and just need to chill out.

I have not been on the receiving end of these kind of emails (but I know lots that have been) but I think if I was, it would cause me to withdraw from these forums. I am so glad you have a thicker skin than me!

I, for one, really love your coins, and no, there is no need to do more than you are already doing. You go above and beyond, and most people dont know just how generous you are. I do, and I really appreciate your generous and sweet spirit. Keep on doing what you are doing!!!

There is always one in the barrel that has to stink! Flush it and move on.

I saw the 4 emails selling the same thing and just figured it was a glitch, especially after I saw who it was from. You've got a good rep here and the only ones who'll make a stink are the ones you don't need anyway. That's my nickel's worth.

Got a couple myself too - just figured it was a hiccup in a server and deleted them. Someone was a bit upset - let it go...and let them go. Next, they will complain they didn't know you were selling that beautiful........whatever........so you can't win. Remove them as requested and move on. JMHO

You mean I actually hit send on that one?? My bad, I was simply blowing steam and must have hit that by mistake.

:unsure:

:laughing:

:ph34r:

Just kidding, I'd never send a tirade like that even if I were irked. I would do as most have said and just let it slide on by without even a second thought. Take some pleasure out of removing them from your mailing list, then block the sender from your email box!!

Let us know if this person ever tries to buy from you again, would be interesting!

I read through this thread and have a totally different view of this, I also recieved about five emails on this coin.

From my perspective this is first of all an opportunity to figure what caused this and what is required to correct the problem. So there is an opportunity to improve or at least gain a better understanding, the fact that they responded by email is if nothing else a measurable response. What you can measure you can quantify.

Everyone here wants to take the customer out and hang them, and they may well desrve that, but a measure of grace and restraint may yield better long term results. The customer may not always be right, but they are never wrong. I can choose to react to others how I want and not based upon their poor decisions. We do not know what the emailer is going through in their personal life their response is obviously a frustration. (No I am not the emailer.)

You could return good for bad at the least a postal letter of apology may be enough grace, to gain or continue a loyal customer. Selling is an abusive occupation that always has a degree of dissatisfaction with it. Now many suggest cutting this emailer off, this has multiple affect in a word of mouth approach to gaining new buisness.

It is easy to be mean and nasty in an email. Your response needs to be by who you are and not who they are.

I guess what I am trying to say is "To Err is Human;

To Forgive is Divine"

I read through this thread and have a totally different view of this, I also recieved about five emails on this coin.

From my perspective this is first of all an opportunity to figure what caused this and what is required to correct the problem. So there is an opportunity to improve or at least gain a better understanding, the fact that they responded by email is if nothing else a measurable response. What you can measure you can quantify.

Everyone here wants to take the customer out and hang them, and they may well desrve that, but a measure of grace and restraint may yield better long term results. The customer may not always be right, but they are never wrong. I can choose to react to others how I want and not based upon their poor decisions. We do not know what the emailer is going through in their personal life their response is obviously a frustration. (No I am not the emailer.)

You could return good for bad at the least a postal letter of apology may be enough grace, to gain or continue a loyal customer. Selling is an abusive occupation that always has a degree of dissatisfaction with it. Now many suggest cutting this emailer off, this has multiple affect in a word of mouth approach to gaining new buisness.

It is easy to be mean and nasty in an email. Your response needs to be by who you are and not who they are.

To Forgive is Divine"

i do agree with most of this,, but at the same time the customer had to "sign up" to get the mailings, i belive!

To Forgive is Divine"

In my opinion, your suggestions would be an option had the emailer not used profanity. Once he laced his email with those vulgarities and showed such an unnecessary lack of respect, he demonstarted that he is not worth having as a customer. The customer is wrong at times and this is one of those times.

I also got the multiple emails yesterday and simply kept the original and deleted the the duplicates. No big deal. :)

As far as reservations go, I think they're great for everybody involved:

1. the vendor doesn't make to few or to many, so everybody gets one and the vendor doesn't get stuck with a huge overstock.
  2. and no one is pre-paying (a full retai price)... in other words funding the coin project and getting no investor discount.

Just my 2 cents worth. :o

PS - As far is the irritated emailer goes, they might consider consulting a doctor about high blood pressure, which can cause these types of irritability and tension.

Did the person over react? YUP!

Did you do anything wrong? NOPE!

Should you let it roll off your babck? YUP!!

Should you do any type of follow up with the person? IMO, YUP. Only because of 1 thing...word of mouth. I don't think you should bend overbackward for this person, nor even apologize to him; but maybe sending an email stating what went wrong and that you would do as he requested and remove him from the list. In business practice, this makes good sense. even an unfounded accusation against you can lead to a missed sale from someone else. As far as this guy, he sounds like an idiot, so don't let his words bother you, but don't give him any other fuel to make you look bad. Plus, who knows, maybe this guy just had his inbox flooded by spam, maybe his wife left him right before he checked email, maybe he went looking for a 1/1 cache and couldn't find it. Not that anything justifies the email, but we all get grouchy at sometime. lol.

and remember, you can't please everybody, so don't even try. Okay, now how do I get on this list????

Did the person over react? YUP!

Did you do anything wrong? NOPE!

Should you let it roll off your babck? YUP!!

Should you do any type of follow up with the person? IMO, YUP. Only because of 1 thing...word of mouth. I don't think you should bend overbackward for this person, nor even apologize to him; but maybe sending an email stating what went wrong and that you would do as he requested and remove him from the list. In business practice, this makes good sense. even an unfounded accusation against you can lead to a missed sale from someone else. As far as this guy, he sounds like an idiot, so don't let his words bother you, but don't give him any other fuel to make you look bad. Plus, who knows, maybe this guy just had his inbox flooded by spam, maybe his wife left him right before he checked email, maybe he went looking for a 1/1 cache and couldn't find it. Not that anything justifies the email, but we all get grouchy at sometime. lol.

and remember, you can't please everybody, so don't even try. Okay, now how do I get on this list????

go to cacheaddict.com and sign up for the mailings

Hey Mike, (and other vendors) maybe you should create a secondary email account, and when you send bulk mailing, include your other address, so you can see if the emails have been sent?

I can't speak for all vendors but I am guessing most of us do put our own e-mail accounts on the list as a verifcation the mails went out.

Hey Mike, (and other vendors) maybe you should create a secondary email account, and when you send bulk mailing, include your other address, so you can see if the emails have been sent?

Funny I do. But the hiccup must have affected that also. I got the emails 15 minutes after I sent them. That is when I realized it must have worked.

Nobody, I repeat, nobody can outcrab me, but the mail you received was well over the top...I use microsoft mail, and there is the ability to block unwanted letters and send them directly to trash. By the way, I'm getting a new e-mail address...how do I change that for your website mailings?

ILYK

Funny I do. But the hiccup must have affected that also. I got the emails 15 minutes after I sent them. That is when I realized it must have worked.

Mike:

Sometimes certain ISP's throttle mail so they may show up later for you than they do others.