Tracklogs - Man & Dog

MtnHermit

A few days ago I set off on a hike with my dog, he had the Venture Cx on his back, I the Colo 300. Both Tracklogs were set to Most and Auto.

090204_7mileLoopTracks.gif

My track is cyan, his is dark grey then red. I was curious where he disappeared to for 15-min. My guess he found a coyote and wanted to play. He didn't return until I whistled him back.

090204_7MileLoop303.gif090204_7MileLoop433.gif090204_7mileLoopPinon.gif

You can see from the Trip Logs, he double my distance, likely more than doubled my elevation, but the Venture will not record elevation totals.

Here's the GPS holder I put together, holds the eTrex:

090204_7mileLoop7940.jpg

Pretty cool!

I have a rotty-mix that I found in pretty poor shape on the side of the road (about 1.5 years ago), no tags or any identification. He's in great shape now.

When I take him out hiking in the forest, tho, I have to keep him on a flexi-lead leash. Too many episodes (3 - I'm a slow learner) of him running after deer or elk, and not returning for 30+ minutes.

The GPS idea is neat...

That's pretty cool and your dog looks like my old dog, G.Shepard/Husky mix...may he rest in peace. Yours doesn't happen to have one blue eye and one brown, does he?
Pretty close. He's almost 10 YO, Siberian-Border Collie Mix, 2 brown eyes, got him as two-hands-full in Jan 2000 from the local Humane Society. I think he was suppose to be a sled lead dog, but males are always rejected, too mellow. Independent critter, but stays close to home 99% of the time.