60Csx does not follow roads route from MapSource

Mrswim

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, and I searched, but could not find.

I created a route in Mapsource, following roads, exported it to 60Csx.

When I pull that route up on screen and "map" it, the purple route line goes straight between waypoints.

I am using NT City Navagator.

Setup/routing/guidance methos = follow roads

Follow Roads Opptions: Off route recalc = auto

Map Setup: lock on road = on

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Selecting "follow roads" in Mapsource does not ensure the GPS will follow roads. You need to instruct the GPS to follow roads.

Main Menu > Setup > Routing. For Guidance System select "Follow Road" or "Prompted". Prompted will ask each time you navigate.

Edited by GeoBobC

When you upload a route from mapsource to the reciever, only the start point, the end point, and any intermediate waypoints are imported. The unit must then calculate the route using its own routing algorithim. An important thing to note is that the unit typically calculates a route that is not identical to the route mapsource generated. The best way around this limitation is to set enough waypoints in Mapsource to force the receiver to calculate a similar route.

When you upload a route from mapsource to the reciever, only the start point, the end point, and any intermediate waypoints are imported. The unit must then calculate the route using its own routing algorithim.

This is correct, although I don't know whether the GPS is dropping the other waypoints when loading or if mapsource isn't sending them; I suspect the latter. Note that if you use metroguide to make the route all the points make it into the GPSr. I think mapsource believes that sense metroguide (normally) does not autoroute that it needs to send all the waypoints.