Deployed Soldier Looking for Deal on GPS

Hi there, I am deployed to Iraq, and am looking for a deal on a decent GPS. I have found some caches on the site that I would like to look for, but am GPSless LOL. I am looking to spend about 50-75 dollars. Hopefully someone can help out. Thanks!

Hi and Geo Greetings from Calif, stay tuned, have something in the cooker ... " film at 11:00 ".

Hi there, I am deployed to Iraq, and am looking for a deal on a decent GPS. I have found some caches on the site that I would like to look for, but am GPSless LOL. I am looking to spend about 50-75 dollars. Hopefully someone can help out. Thanks!

I have an older original etrex Vista that I'll give to you if you want it. I have the cable for it also. PM me if you are interested.

Mike

I cannot help you with the GPSr, but would like to wish all the very best for your deployment. Both of my sons were over there at the same time during the war, thankfully they came home safe, but changed.

Best regards

Steve

OMG, OMG, OMG, You worked one of my caches in Calif. ADA Pg. 62 of the DeLorme Calif.Challenge

We did enjoy that cache so much too. It was my first real trip to CA, and the wife took me to the coast where I was in awe by the Pacific. I grew up on the East Coast and had never seen the waves, and coastline like that before. My oldest was getting a little "bored" as he said on the way down there, but once we gave him a chance to cool off and get out and help he had a blast. And like I said on the log he found it. It was a great experience for us, and once I get back to Alaska I am hoping to take them and find more up there!

Hello! My Name is "Carol" of MuggleN0More and I was in charge of a recent Meet & Greet here on the North Coast of California (GC1KMWW). We were able to raise a used etrex Venture HC for your enjoyment. It comes with cable, manual and belt clip. Please contact me through geocaching.com so I can send this to you ASAP. On behalf of the geocachers of the Lost Coast, Happy Caching! :lol:

P.S. Thank you for the service you are giving to your country. Keep up the good work and God Bless!

:D It is refreshing to see several offers for this cacher serving his/her country. Hopefully if he/she acquires more than one unit they can bring a muggle into the fold!! Kepp on cachin in the FREE world!! Thanks for serving for FREEDOM!

Hey, I might come up with another one of some kind if I need to.

Hazardous Duty Pay, Combat Pay, BAH, no taxes from pay while deployed :D:D:D , perhapes check out ebay or go to the PX :blink: ...

Why are you being such a prick, :D he asked if anyone had a good deal on a used GPS. Some cachers here on the forums decided to offer him a used unit for free. Just because he is in the military he should buy a new one?

I personally look here in the forums for cheap units for my daughter and her friends so that they can enjoy the game while out with me, if I was offered a free unit I wouldn't turn it down, but I don't expect it either.

Hazardous Duty Pay, Combat Pay, BAH, no taxes from pay while deployed :D:D:D , perhapes check out ebay or go to the PX :blink: ...

Why are you being such a prick, :D he asked if anyone had a good deal on a used GPS. Some cachers here on the forums decided to offer him a used unit for free. Just because he is in the military he should buy a new one?

I personally look here in the forums for cheap units for my daughter and her friends so that they can enjoy the game while out with me, if I was offered a free unit I wouldn't turn it down, but I don't expect it either.

Whoa, let's be nice here. The PX usually offers pretty good deals on stuff. So, there is no need to resort to name calling. Maybe the person did not see the previous post where someone offered the GI a free GPS.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that some of our soldiers are geocaching in a war zone. Who would have thunk that! :ph34r:

Former Cav Scout Sgt.

Stay safe and thank you for serving our nation.

I read that some people are willing to send you one for free. Good for them. But should you need to buy one in the future you can try the pawn shops. I bought mine, my first one, at one two days ago for $75.00 tax included.

Found my first two cache's yesterday and a third today with it.

When you are able to buy a brand new one I recommend through the PX, no sales tax, but then you know this already.

Good Luck in both your deployment in Iraq and in geocaching.

Maybe these people who are sending you the GPS's can send/transfer you some Geocoins and Travel Bugs so that you can create a cache in Iraq for other Soldier Cachers serving in Iraq?

Edited by cbroker

I would like to say thank you to everyone that has taken part or replied on this thread. I have recieved both GPS from the two members here and will be putting them to use very soon. Again thank you to everyone involved and plan on finding as many of the 25 here in my area as I can, time permitting of course LOL.

Hazardous Duty Pay, Combat Pay, BAH, no taxes from pay while deployed B):D:blink: , perhapes check out ebay or go to the PX :D ...

Just some of the "perks" that a combat soldier receives for risking their life in service of their country. I can't believe that you even wrote this!

God speed to all of our soldiers.