Unlogged Geo Coin

P38s

G'day

Today I found and Grabbed a Geocoin from the cache "Across Ranges Be Blown Away"

When I try to log this find I get The message "The Trackable Item Does Not Exsist in the System".

Is anyone able to help log this coin and send it on it's way?

The coin is called Canada and is 38mm in diameter

I have pictures but haven't figured out how to attache them here yet

I'd Appriciate any suggestions with this one.

Cheers

P38s

Thanks Guys

Yes the code has a 1 and a 0 in it.

I have tried every possible combination and get the same result each time.

Could you advise me how to post a picture here that may make it easier to identify the coin.

Cheers

P38s

Edited by P38s

Thanks Guys

Could you advise me how to post a picture here that may make it easier to identify the coin.

Cheers

P38s

When posting a note here, click on the little tree icon in the tool bar, and insert the link for the photo. The photo needs to be stored online somewhere, like the cache log, or photobucket, or some online photo storage, so you can use the link. It can't be taken directly from your computer. If the photo is deleted from the online storage, it won't show here anymore.

Thanks Guys

Cheers

P38s

When posting a note here, click on the little tree icon in the tool bar, and insert the link for the photo. The photo needs to be stored online somewhere, like the cache log, or photobucket, or some online photo storage, so you can use the link. It can't be taken directly from your computer. If the photo is deleted from the online storage, it won't show here anymore.

don't forget to cover the tracking number, black it out or cover with a little piece of electrical tape.

ILYK

G'day

Today I found and Grabbed a Geocoin from the cache "Across Ranges Be Blown Away"

When I try to log this find I get The message "The Trackable Item Does Not Exsist in the System".

Is anyone able to help log this coin and send it on it's way?

The coin is called Canada and is 38mm in diameter

I have pictures but haven't figured out how to attache them here yet

I'd Appriciate any suggestions with this one.

Cheers

P38s

Yes the above posts are right on. If there is any question in my mnd I get out a magnifying glass to check the numbers even when they seem to be an ok size to read. You can email the owner and tell them what is happening and clarify the number that way. However, last night I also had a problem with one. It kept saying it didn't exist but I knew it did because it was one of my own travelers. It didn't have any of those digits that could be confusing either. It took me several tries before it worked. Maybe there was a glitch in the system I don't know but eventually I found what I needed.

Two other options to be considered besides the misreads.

1. Coin is not trackable on Geocaching.com - does it say anywhere on the coin that it is? Tracking number may be to another website. Some Canada geocoins are trackable through CA geocoins Like this one

origcoin_enter.jpg

2. It's not activated and therefore it was left as swag and to be traded for.

Edited by Droo

Two other options to be considered besides the misreads.

1. Coin is not trackable on Geocaching.com - does it say anywhere on the coin that it is? Tracking number may be to another website. Some Canada geocoins are trackable through CA geocoins Like this one

origcoin_enter.jpg

2. It's not activated and therefore it was left as swag and to be traded for.

Droo

Thanks for your reply.

The photo you posted is the same as the reverse side of the Canada coin I have.

This coin is an original Canada Geocoin as shown on the web site you mentioned.

I have now successfully logged it with www.geocoin.ca

Interestingly his coin was last logged in Germany on 13 September 2005 and was first placed on the Greek Island of Naxos on 7th June 2005.

I will try to contact the owner to let them know their coin has reappeared four years later and is safe on the opposite side of the world.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

P38s