Reading Text on my Garmin

garmined

Is there a way to download the text description/information for a geocache, into my GPS?

I cut and paste the information in Notepad and then moved it into my GPS memory card, but I cannot see it on my GPS.

Any information is greatly appreciated, as I am very new to GPS's and Geocaching.

Thanks

Garmined

Is there a way to download the text description/information for a geocache, into my GPS?

I cut and paste the information in Notepad and then moved it into my GPS memory card, but I cannot see it on my GPS.

Any information is greatly appreciated, as I am very new to GPS's and Geocaching.

Thanks

Garmined

If you have a Garmin Colorado or Oregon then you can become a Premium Member and download them directly into your unit, either from the cache page or using Pocket Queries.

:( BQ

Thanks

Garmined

If you have a Garmin Colorado or Oregon then you can become a Premium Member and download them directly into your unit, either from the cache page or using Pocket Queries.

:( BQ

Thanks.

I have a nuvi 265wt. It is for the car, but it is all I have for now. Would I be able to download them to this unit or does it have to be one of the two you mentioned?

It has to be one of those 2 units - They are specifically designed to handle Geocaches. Most people just get a cheap PDA and load the information into the PDA and use it when they need it

Thanks.

I have a Blackberry, so I'm sure I can figure something out.

Take care all and happy GCing!!

If you have GSAK, there is a macro that will export geocaches to the Nuvi as POI's and you get all of the details. The macro also works for OR or CO.

Which would work better...my NUVI or my Blackberry?

Also, I found my old Garmin eTrex, but don't have a PC interface cable for it yet. If and when I get the cable, would it be best to use this for geocaching instead of my Nuvi? If I use the eTrex, I don't think I can go paperless with it, can I?