Garmin Topo Maps

cartopper

Hello to all, What a wonderful site this is! Long time lurker for sure. Just received a Garmin etrax legend.:-)

Also got the Topo maps of Canada for it too.

Haven't had much time yet to get out and try to enjoy the unit, too cold and way to much snow! lol

My question is;

Can the Garmin topo maps be loaded onto a Magellan unit?

Have browsed through the site here and did not find anything, I might of missed it too.

Great site here folks.

Lorne

Hello to all, What a wonderful site this is! Long time lurker for sure. Just received a Garmin etrax legend.:-)

Also got the Topo maps of Canada for it too.

Haven't had much time yet to get out and try to enjoy the unit, too cold and way to much snow! lol

My question is;

Can the Garmin topo maps be loaded onto a Magellan unit?

Have browsed through the site here and did not find anything, I might of missed it too.

Great site here folks.

Lorne

No they use different mapping software

Depending on what kind of Magellan you have, you may be able to load topo maps you can easily make yourself. If you have one of the new Tritons, you may be able to get free topo maps. I have a Triton 400 that I use with Google Earth aerial images. In fact, you can use any image map file, utilizing gmapmaker and tritonRMP software (free). Rather than me trying to explain it, go to tritonforum.com and do a search. As far as explorists and older Maggies, I haven't found any other software besides Magellan's proprietary brand.