Can someone explain this cache's "hidden" date?

hoopiehide

That date is manually entered by the cache owner. Typos happen.

You can chose any 'placed date' you want as long as it is in the past. This can cause havoc with some puzzle caches that refer to "fifth oldest cache" in the country for example. It is a honor system that CO's won't mess with things like that.

That date is manually entered by the cache owner. Typos happen.
You can chose any 'placed date' you want as long as it is in the past. This can cause havoc with some puzzle caches that refer to "fifth oldest cache" in the country for example. It is a honor system that CO's won't mess with things like that.
I'm pretty certain that you can choose any date - past, present, or future - either way, I don't see how you post relates to my previous one.

Typically those 1901 dates are a bug in the date interface between GC.com and the Safari browser. It's not something the cache owner did on purpose. In fact, if they edit the page after gpsfun fixes it, it will likely reset to 1901.

From time to time I scroll to the end of the Florida caches list, and correct the 1901 caches to their published date. I just did it this morning.